• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but Shotton was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. It was a rash tackle, but it wasn't a foul, and wasn't in the area, so with a competent ref we wouldn't have conceded. Aside from t

Browne as a 6 is harsh, IMO him and Coulson were the best players on the pitch in the first 45 minutes.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Sounds like a promising start to life under Woody.  Best bit is Woody saying we will play his way ...end of!

That was the best bit under Pulis as well ?

It's the first pre-season friendly so there's not much to be taken from it.  We didn't have an XI on the pitch at any point that will be even close to our starting XI against Luton or throughout the season.  We seemed to be trying to play at a greater pace and we were clearly looking to play out from the back, even when I'm not sure it was the best idea.  So I'd guess those two things are likely to be part of our identity this season.  Clayton was dropping quite deep at times as he did while Monk was here but I don't know if that was a specific instruction or just how things were going in the game.  I mentioned at one point that Woodgate was telling Johnson to stay up field rather than track someone back.  Again, I don't know if that was just an instruction for that moment or part of more general instructions.  I doubt Pulis would have been shouting it though either way.

26 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Tav also wasn't involved for whatever reason. Don't think ive seen that mentioned anywhere tbh.

So 10 players missing. Granted some may leave but it was basically a youth team. Hopefully one or two will make the leap up. However there is a need for at least 6-8 signings. Busy Busy Busy!!! 

Be interesting to see how Wearne does after he got lots of praise from the game in Austria.

Hes not one I thought we'd see so prominent with the first team this year. He primarily played in the u18s last year and only had a handful of appearances for the u23s. If he is part of the first team picture this season then thats an absolutely meteoric rise.

Will paste my response to the team here too, more appropriate:

Again Coulson starts as a LAM instead of left back. Still curious if that's where Woodgate sees him progressing best, or if that's simply a way to get him in the team and to look at Reading at the same time.

Howson RB, only preseason I know but immediately highlights how bad we are at RB (although I have a lot of hope for Spence)

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Will paste my response to the team here too, more appropriate:

Again Coulson starts as a LAM instead of left back. Still curious if that's where Woodgate sees him progressing best, or if that's simply a way to get him in the team and to look at Reading at the same time.

Howson RB, only preseason I know but immediately highlights how bad we are at RB (although I have a lot of hope for Spence)

he missed Austria so probs just need to give him match time