• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but Shotton was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. It was a rash tackle, but it wasn't a foul, and wasn't in the area, so with a competent ref we wouldn't have conceded. Aside from t

Browne as a 6 is harsh, IMO him and Coulson were the best players on the pitch in the first 45 minutes.

Posted Images

I think it just hit me that this is exactly the same team as the one who were the 5th lowest scorers last season but with a less defensive manager and without last seasons starting CB 

Please god let us sign some players

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I think it just hit me that this is exactly the same team as the one who were the 5th lowest scorers last season but with a less defensive manager and without last seasons starting CB 

I'll whisper it but we have the same defensive 'unit' Monk had except we don't have Gibson that's why the reinvention of Howson into a RB and Shotton apparently as a CB now terrifies the life out of me. Paddy Reading hasn't really put down the marker that's said he's ready to take Friend's place, Stubbs has looked ok he might be a good backup option, Wood's still a little young for the big step up and Spence has been anonymous really. Tav is not a winger for me he's a 10 and Marvin Johnson/Gestede have had decent preseasons but I wouldn't trust them near our ideal XI.

It all feels very Monkesque to me from personnel to tactics to suddenly going braindead when the opposition cross a ball.

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Well it's about 80% of our actual starting line up so you would hope that they could get something going, yeah.

We all hope that but hope is different to expectation.  Look at that line up and forget for a moment who we have in our squad.  Now tell me what that team's strengths are in your opinion?  Then tell me how a team like that goes about winning games? 

All the weaknesses we had last season are still there but we've now also got extra weaknesses like Shotton as a central defender, an inferior GK, a fella who has spent most of a lengthy career as a central midfielder playing at full back.  Three one paced midfielders who are all pretty much the same basic type of player and finally Gestede up top supported by two players who aren't wingers.  Along with all of that, we are trying to completely change our style of play with a novice head coach, who probably got the job because he was cheap, and a coaching staff put together on the basis of people whose mobile number we still had from when they were here the first time and Robbie Keane.

• Like 1

Not worried about the result. Its just clarifies that we still need wingers. Fail to do that in the next few weeks; then I'll worry.

With Braithwaite seemingly off we now need 2.

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

Not worried about the result. Its just clarifies that we still need wingers. Fail to do that in the next few weeks; then I'll worry.

With Braithwaite seemingly off we now need 2.

We need 2 even if Braithwaite stays imo