• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but Shotton was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. It was a rash tackle, but it wasn't a foul, and wasn't in the area, so with a competent ref we wouldn't have conceded. Aside from t

Browne as a 6 is harsh, IMO him and Coulson were the best players on the pitch in the first 45 minutes.

Posted Images

So far the standout player for me is Reading he's bombed forward well kept it simple when he has it very impressed, Hackney's struggled in the middle just seems like he's not developed the physicality levels yet he's been budged off the ball a few times, understandable for a 17 year old his size though.

Not sure the plan on the ball 90% of our attacks end in aimless 40 50 yard balls they don't seem to trust going through the middle, Gestede's fit so props to him on that but is a fit Gestede worth sticking Fletcher on a wing? Not for me, Stubbs has tried to bring the ball out of defence just hasn't worked and Johnson has been poor.

Can't read too much in to preseason games, but not been great so far mind you, hopefully the plan becomes a bit more clearer as preseason goes on. 

Ultimately the majority of the players on the pitch first half will probably not see the Riverside pitch come August. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

So far the standout player for me is Reading he's bombed forward well kept it simple when he has it very impressed, Hackney's struggled in the middle just seems like he's not developed the physicality levels yet he's been budged off the ball a few times, understandable for a 17 year old his size though.

Not sure the plan on the ball 90% of our attacks end in aimless 40 50 yard balls they don't seem to trust going through the middle, Gestede's fit so props to him on that but is a fit Gestede worth sticking Fletcher on a wing? Not for me, Stubbs has tried to bring the ball out of defence just hasn't worked and Johnson has been poor.

First time we have seen you call him Gestede ?

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

First time we have seen you call him Gestede ?

Since it's at the point where we literally can't even give him away for free I feel bad for him plus the 9 million down the drain in fee and wages isn't out of my pocket so if he sees out his last 12 months with us the least I can do is call him Gestede doesn't mean you'll catch me calling him a footballer though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

They are favourites according to bookies (who at the moment are spot on) ?

Our players aren't used to playing on mountains.  I mean the Graz players are wearing crampons rather than studs ffs!

Quote from the Gazette:
New signing Rumarn Burrell is operating on the right while Ashley Fletcher’s on the right and Luke Armstrong is in the middle.

Is that right? Who left?