oneBoro Forum

2019/20 fixtures

Looking at our first 6 fixtures i think there a real opportunity to build some confidence as there are some inviting fixtures to add a good points tally early on. 

First 6: Luton, Brentford, Rovers, Wigan, Millwall & Bristol.

Looking at the last 6. Obviously you don't know how teams will fare but from that. 3 look tricky and 3 look ok so could be worse.

Last 6: qpr, millwall, bristol, reading, cardiff & sheff wed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First ever post I’m going Luton Town at home, sky game on the Friday night 

A win or a draw and we’ll be in the promotion spots, lose and we’ll be bottom of the table and those Woodgate critics will be having a field day. ?

Fixture gods for one have been kind, home for 13/23 games, can’t wait

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just looking at the fixtures, this season is going to be wide open. There isnt really a stand out team in the Championship this year.

Last 2 times we played Luton are 2 memorable ones the last game at Ayresome Park where we won 2-1 and the away game where we lost 5-1. I remember that defeat mainly due to the fact I went to see Guisborough Town play for the first time and to this date the only time l. I think subconsciously it's the memories of hearing the announcement on the PA system :s

Agree with your sentiments. No real stand out teams. I could try and predict top 6 but would struggle to tell you who top 2 will be. Probably become clearer once we know every teams ins and out closer to end of August.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Where did you get the leak?!

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

@ donnyboro. Haha you either got a source or you can PM the lottery numbers. Haha. U got the team, date and sky selection all correct lol. 

45 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Not being pedantic nor picky but he did say Luton Town at home and not Luton Town away but yes this is much more than a good guess methinks

Get told bits from a few friends just a shame most of it isn’t Boro related! I don’t work for sky either ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Not being pedantic nor picky but he did say Luton Town at home and not Luton Town away but yes this is much more than a good guess methinks

to be honest I just read Luton & Sky Friday night

That's quite an encouraging opening set of fixtures, and nice to be kicking off the season before everyone else - one day less to wait! It'll be interesting to see whether Woodgate's fine words have had a significant effect during pre-season, and whether there are any early signs of these supposed Jurgenpress tactics.

Looking at the fixtures, think 12 points from the first 6 games should be the target. The squad already has a decent core, just need to add abit of pace and flair and we can compete for play offs again.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Although Luton will be well up for the game am delighted to say that both Dan and I will be going to the match seeing as Luton is the nearest Championship club to where we live so no excuses not to go and get behind the boys, even if it is on Sky.

Optimism returns once again, let's hope it is not short lived.

Early prediction 1-2 to the Boro

Hope me and Tom can make it also. Nearest ground to us now that Norwich and Ipswich have gone opposite directions

I am hoping for better than only other time I have been to Luton....That 5-1 drubbing in Robbo's promotion season!

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

Tough start, probably the worst time to play a promoted team but you'd still expect to get a result there. 

Only 4 opening day wins for promoted teams in the last 5 seasons. They don't tend to do well.

27 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think our opening day record is pretty poor in itself. I cant think of many wins in the past few years. Off the top of my head I can remember Spurs maybe 1 more recent than that ?

Birmingham home a few seasons back? 2-0 Ayala and Kike.. That's just off the top of my head though might be completely wrong.. 

14 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry Dan, did not see your post. Was not being rude.

Oh that is good news that they are under an embargo because from what I read their manager looks decent but if their hands are tied somewhat that will hopefully reduce his effectiveness.

No worries mate.

Yeah Gomes got Reading playing well once he took over. A big worry for Reading is they are worried a lot of the loanees they had last season are gone (bit like Derby) and they have no money to replace them. 

It bad news for them but good for us, less competition. That said they will beat us home and away now.

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Although Luton will be well up for the game am delighted to say that both Dan and I will be going to the match seeing as Luton is the nearest Championship club to where we live so no excuses not to go and get behind the boys, even if it is on Sky.

Optimism returns once again, let's hope it is not short lived.

Early prediction 1-2 to the Boro

Same for me DS! Will definitely be looking at heading down!