oneBoro Forum

2019/20 fixtures

Not an ideal first game. The promoted teams always seem to play a blinder in their first game, where the relegated teams seem to struggle. 

Hey ho, we're still going to smash the league!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First ever post I’m going Luton Town at home, sky game on the Friday night 

A win or a draw and we’ll be in the promotion spots, lose and we’ll be bottom of the table and those Woodgate critics will be having a field day. ?

Fixture gods for one have been kind, home for 13/23 games, can’t wait

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Good job we're not one of the the relegated teams then!

I think Boro-unger was saying he would rather have played one of the relegated teams from PL as opposed to one of the promoted teams from League 1 as a first game.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think Boro-unger was saying he would rather have played one of the relegated teams from PL as opposed to one of the promoted teams from League 1 as a first game.

But the promoted teams rarely win the opening games. They are slightly better than the relegated teams though over the last 5 seasons. Relegated teams have won 3 opening games in the last 5 seasons while promoted teams have 4 wins. I'd say an opening day game against either a promoted or relegated team is a good chance for a win. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Looking at our first 6 fixtures i think there a real opportunity to build some confidence as there are some inviting fixtures to add a good points tally early on. 

First 6: Luton, Brentford, Rovers, Wigan, Millwall & Bristol.

Looking at the last 6. Obviously you don't know how teams will fare but from that. 3 look tricky and 3 look ok so could be worse.

Last 6: qpr, millwall, bristol, reading, cardiff & sheff wed

You would think so and I agree but one thing last season taught me a real lesson and that is to expect the unexpected.

Who seriously would have imagined us losing 6 on the spin and playing Brentford and Wigan (solitary point in a seven game run) so early doors amplifies my first comment.

At this time seeing as none of us know really what to expect from a "Woody" team so all we can hope for is that we try to make a fist of it.

However as it is going to be interesting to see how things pan out I for one am looking forward to the new season

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Barticus said:

Fixture gods for one have been kind, home for 13/23 games, can’t wait

I can make the 31st Aug at Bristol city Hour an a half away yeah