Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First ever post I’m going Luton Town at home, sky game on the Friday night 

A win or a draw and we’ll be in the promotion spots, lose and we’ll be bottom of the table and those Woodgate critics will be having a field day. ?

Fixture gods for one have been kind, home for 13/23 games, can’t wait

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Hope not pal. Exactly the type of game I can see us losing if it is our first game, home or away.

Not to be rude to any team but would love a mediocre type team at home for first game. A Birmingham at home would be good.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Welcome to the forum Donnyboro ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hope not pal. Exactly the type of game I can see us losing if it is our first game, home or away.

Not to be rude to any team but would love a mediocre type team at home for first game. A Birmingham at home would be good.

I was the same, but I’d have a good bet it is ?

At least good chance we will be on sky if it is Donnyboro.

Every year there is a surprise team amongst top 8-10 who no one would have predicted being there. Norwich last season. Cardiff season before. Hudds season before.

Who do people think will be this years surprise package?

I have a feeling Reading will do well this year. Not saying they will get promoted but they new manager did well when he arrived and i think with a full pre season Reading will perform well under him.

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

At least good chance we will be on sky if it is Donnyboro.

Every year there is a surprise team amongst top 8-10 who no one would have predicted being there. Norwich last season. Cardiff season before. Hudds season before.

Who do people think will be this years surprise package?

I have a feeling Reading will do well this year. Not saying they will get promoted but they new manager did well when he arrived and i think with a full pre season Reading will perform well under him.

Think one of the promoted teams could be a surprise. A bit like Sheff utd were that first year they came up. 

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Think one of the promoted teams could be a surprise. A bit like Sheff utd were that first year they came up. 

Yeah be interesting to see how them 3 teams do brunners as all 3 got interesting managers for different reasons. Jones has been highly thought of for some time so interesting to see how he gets on at Luton. Bowyer and chap at Barnsley (whose name escapes me) come to this league with high praise.

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I have a feeling Reading will do well this year.

They are currently under a "soft" transfer embargo. Which effectively means every signing they make has to be approved by the EFL. They are also only allowed to offer £600k per annum for free transfers, unless they sell. 

I was reading an opinion piece from one of the local journos from their local paper and they seem resigned to a scrap at the bottom of the table.

10 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

suprise team....Preston  ......first game ...Huddersfield or Leeds at Home

Defo see Preston and Bristol challenging top 6. Usually both start slow and then get some serious steam as season goes on. Ultimately its their respective slow starts that costs them.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah be interesting to see how them 3 teams do brunners as all 3 got interesting managers for different reasons. Jones has been highly thought of for some time so interesting to see how he gets on at Luton. Bowyer and chap at Barnsley (whose name escapes me) come to this league with high praise.

Stendel is the Barnsley manager. 

They all play pretty nice football too, from what I've seen, so it will be interesting to see if they can translate that into success a division up.

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They all play pretty nice football too, from what I've seen, so it will be interesting to see if they can translate that into success a division up.

Luton play some really exciting football! When they were in League Two they played with the same type of ethos. Think they will be a good addition to this league.

• Like 1