• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think it’s probably Marcus Maddison. That’s guy is just desperate to play any kind of football 😉

I think that’s 3 years in a row that I’ve ended up as the runner up 🙈😂

Might join in this year, but I'm much more of a draft fan than the standard format.   Dont mean to hijack the thread but would there be any interest in a draft league on top of this one? Nor

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Might join in this year, but I'm much more of a draft fan than the standard format.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but would there be any interest in a draft league on top of this one? Normally need between 8 to 12 players to make it good.

I'll join the paid one this year but I'd be up for a draft league too - not done one before but always liked the idea

2 hours ago, Teacider said:

I'll join the paid one this year but I'd be up for a draft league too - not done one before but always liked the idea

Never  done the  draft before so unsure of what to do. Your more than welcome teacider more the merrier

11 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Never  done the  draft before so unsure of what to do. Your more than welcome teacider more the merrier

I could look into organising it as it's the only fantasy I've done for the last 4 years. I'd say it would need 10-12 people who are dedicated to play from start to finish as it's the kind of thing that becomes less fun the more people dont bother. 

The overall idea is the same except -

- each player can only be owned by one manager. Theres a draft at the start of the season to put together your initial team

- you can do trades with other managers. Trades are limitless so long as you stay within your 16man squad, so you can trade 4 players for 1, strikers for defenders etc.

- all non drafted players go into a free agent pool. You can pick these up and drop players at any time - no budgets to worry about.

- when a player gets dropped or transferred in from a different club they go into a "waiver wire". This basically means that the teams in the league will always have a priority number  initially decided by draft position - so if you drafted last, you'll be first priority on the waiver and pick up whatever player you want from.the waiver wire. Once you've used your waiver priority you go to the bottom of the queue.

- its head to head. So you play someone every week and get 0, 1 or 3 points depending on the result rather than your total points tally at the end of the season. 

-you can make changes right up until kick off in each game. So if you have a player playing at 4pm Sunday then you can change him throughout the whole weekend so long as the player you want to bring in hasnt already played.

- the scoring takes into account pretty much everything. You get points for key passes, tackles, dribbles, interceptions and loads more, so it makes more players more valuable for different attributes.

There are probably other things but that's the gist of it. I find it a far more involved and competitive way of doing fantasy.

17 hours ago, Maccarone said:

I'm in again. will do a banktransfer so please pm me RAF together with any interesting transfer news.

Won't let me message you looks like inbox may be full

30 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Would be rude not to defend my title wouldn't it ?

Can't get that lucky twice lol pop name on here this time when paid so I can find you if you win again

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I could look into organising it as it's the only fantasy I've done for the last 4 years. I'd say it would need 10-12 people who are dedicated to play from start to finish as it's the kind of thing that becomes less fun the more people dont bother. 

The overall idea is the same except -

- each player can only be owned by one manager. Theres a draft at the start of the season to put together your initial team

- you can do trades with other managers. Trades are limitless so long as you stay within your 16man squad, so you can trade 4 players for 1, strikers for defenders etc.

- all non drafted players go into a free agent pool. You can pick these up and drop players at any time - no budgets to worry about.

- when a player gets dropped or transferred in from a different club they go into a "waiver wire". This basically means that the teams in the league will always have a priority number  initially decided by draft position - so if you drafted last, you'll be first priority on the waiver and pick up whatever player you want from.the waiver wire. Once you've used your waiver priority you go to the bottom of the queue.

- its head to head. So you play someone every week and get 0, 1 or 3 points depending on the result rather than your total points tally at the end of the season. 

-you can make changes right up until kick off in each game. So if you have a player playing at 4pm Sunday then you can change him throughout the whole weekend so long as the player you want to bring in hasnt already played.

- the scoring takes into account pretty much everything. You get points for key passes, tackles, dribbles, interceptions and loads more, so it makes more players more valuable for different attributes.

There are probably other things but that's the gist of it. I find it a far more involved and competitive way of doing fantasy.

Sounds great - definitely up for both if they running - let me know how much to pay and I'll transfer the cash