oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Both have gone to Premier league clubs too. Justin to Leicester and Stacey to Bournemouth. As others have mentioned Luton's play was geared towards those two bombing forward to provide width.

Think they will come out an attack us from the off. Which could play into our hands.

Yeah, my Luton mate said that both players had been a key part in their promotion push. When I suggested that they should maybe have stayed at Luton and had Championship game time, he reckoned that both could possibly make the step up to PL level this season. I'd be surprised if that's the case, but he seemed to massively rate them. (He also said that very few Luton fans begrudge them moving on to PL clubs).

If they are that good, then it will certainly be a big miss for Luton Town. 

I'm going to be in the home end with my mate, so I certainly don't want LTFC to be scoring too much!!

25 minutes ago, Betamaxman said:

Yeah, my Luton mate said that both players had been a key part in their promotion push. When I suggested that they should maybe have stayed at Luton and had Championship game time, he reckoned that both could possibly make the step up to PL level this season. I'd be surprised if that's the case, but he seemed to massively rate them. (He also said that very few Luton fans begrudge them moving on to PL clubs).

If they are that good, then it will certainly be a big miss for Luton Town. 

I'm going to be in the home end with my mate, so I certainly don't want LTFC to be scoring too much!!

Between Justin and Stacey they had something like 30 goal involvments (scored or assisted)between them last season. Which for a pair of full-backs is ridiculously high. 

I was wanting to go to this but unfortunately couldn't get tickets. Should be a great game, and Luton missing those 2 players is a massive boost.

Randy and Friend possibly fit, Fry still out.

My bet would be on Randolph to start, Friend to be on the bench.

4 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Woodgate seemed a bit annoyed during that press conference and was quite blunt with a couple of questions. 

On another note our Friday night record is rather impressive I cant remember the last time we lost on Friday (not counting Wolves that was technically an evening kick off ?).

Yeah he doesn’t seem to like the media

• Like 1

Will we see any outgoing or incoming transfers before Friday? 

I believe we will see at least one announced before kick off, most likely Dijksteel

How do YOU think we will line up?

I think we will line up 433 with the starting line up consisting of the following.. 

Randolph

Howson  Ayala Friend  Coulson

Clayton

Saville           Wing

Johnson                             Browne

Assombalonga

Subs: Mejias, Bola, Shotton, McNair, Tavernier, Fletcher, Spence

Is Shotton a scape goat? 

I wouldn't call him a scape goat I just think, like Flint, he just doesn't currently have the ability to play the way we want him to play. 

Will any new signings play for the Boro?

I've gone for Browne to start and Bola on the bench. Browne is pretty nailed on given the way he plays and Bola is being kept out of the team due to the form of Coulson pre-season. 

Can and will we win?

There's no reason why we can't. I think we will scrape a 2-1 win with a Britt Assombalonga brace. 

Who has impressed the most in pre-season? 

You cant look past Coulson really, he has been a revelation. Also special mention for Pears who has also been pretty solid. 

Was it a penalty? 

Probably in the minority here but I'd say it was. Sloppy from Shotton

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Randolph

Howson  Ayala Friend  Coulson

Clayton

Saville           Wing

Johnson                             Browne

Assombalonga

I think that will be the team come Friday. 

It's not far from our strongest possible 11 as it stands (not including potential new players). Fry for Friend and I'd prefer McNair to Saville and I think that would be our strongest team.