oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Johnson to me is an okay squad player shouldn't be starting, but I've seen enough to fancy him having a good game vs Luton's left back tonight 

Hope the confident Fletcher shows up tonight, like a different player with some confidence in him

Also liking that midfield 3 of Wing, Clayton and McNair got everything imo

Well he's a league one player playing against other league one players so let's see how it works out for him... 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We didn't watch the same preseason then.

I saw the two games abroad and he was garbage.  He was ok against St Etienne but no more than that and the new lad looked far brighter than any of them really.  I didn't see the other games but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on the pre-season thread that he was rubbish in at least one of those?  Gateshead or Hartlepool I guess.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I saw the two games abroad and he was garbage.  He was ok against St Etienne but no more than that and the new lad looked far brighter than any of them really.  I didn't see the other games but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on the pre-season thread that he was rubbish in at least one of those?  Gateshead or Hartlepool I guess.

Everyone was garbage in those two games abroad. He's been good against Salford, St Etienne and okay in the others.

I'd hazard a guess you're in a minority thinking he had a bad preseason.

It's a win win I suppose

He has a good game - he has a good game 

He has a bad game - maybe we find some extra money for the likes of Kent and co

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Everyone was garbage in those two games abroad. He's been good against Salford, St Etienne and okay in the others.

I'd hazard a guess you're in a minority thinking he had a bad preseason.

You said he sounded terrible against Gateshead lol.  It was your bloody comments I remembered! ?

Chatting to a friend who's a Luton fan, he says Luton fans are feeling they'd be happy with a point tonight. All about staying up for them this season, he says. I'm a little less confident of how well we'll do - our defence worries me. 

He was pretty bad against Hartlepool, didn't really grasp it after he came on. But I thought he was much better against St. Etienne. But it's not just the friendlies he's getting picked for. He's obviously doing something right in training to get picked ahead of Tav.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You said he sounded terrible against Gateshead lol.  It was your bloody comments I remembered! ?

You're right, I did. But that was also early in pre season, so I'll maintain that the fact he's got better over pre season is good.

Happy for Johnson and Fletcher, think both deserve a clean slate. Genuinely think Fletcher and McNair are in for good seasons so happy to see them both play. 

I think Browne will start normally, but he hasn’t had much time with us, so it’s good to ease him in.

Looking forward to this!

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2