oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

Just now, Dan1234 said:

Fletcher has been pants barring his goal. Shotton a car crash as usual. Everyone else has done ok although the persistent fouling is annoying.

Johnson has whipped in some nice balls, I just feel this is as good as it gets with him. He's pretty terrible off the ball too.

A lot of the persistent fouling has been soft, Luton are very good at going down early or without much urging. 

We fell off a little bit for a 10-15 minute spell, but we've been decent at times too. Deserve to be level. Can't really legislate for a goal like that first one.

In typical Boro fashion we give up an edge of the box dipping volley to a CB that has never scored for Luton, and a first goal since 2014 for ex Boro player Martin Cranie.

Johnson has been decent, Britt is trying his hardest. Shotton a bunch of weird balls out from the back, why we keep giving him the ball I don't know.

You can see we still need more bodies in, but that was a more fun to watch first half than I can remember in years.

• Like 2
  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

Half decent that. Poor defensively but think we can improve on that. Seem to be more positive, McNair pressing well high up, Wing adding some creativity and Marvin Johnson looking dangerous. Early goals in the season for Fletcher and Britt to give them some confidence.

Chuffed so far, and if we can tighten up at the back, and get Browne on second half to add some pace think we can win this.

• Like 1

Johnson off the ball I'd agree with, at times he looks a bit static. But bear in mind it's not just the cross he put in for the goal, too. He ran half the length of the pitch seemingly into no-man's land and with the help of Wing, won the corner that lead to his assist.

Oh dear me what is our defence doing they are all over the place just schoolboy errors in positioning time and time again. Please can we have two proper full backs for a start

Really enjoyed that first half even though we are conceding too many set pieces due to the press and individual errors we are in a transition period, we was crying out for this style of play last season and now we have it can’t wait for the second half think we could really punish these especially when the fresh legs come on making them make mistakes in their own half - Ass Hatrick ???

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Wouldn't say bad. Not good either. He cost us a goal too remember.

Wasnt fully to blame for the goal, the box is the keepers area and a more aggressive keeper would have came soon as he had judged the flight of the ball and cleared that, although he will win us plenty of points as a world class shot stopper hes cost us a few from time to time in incidents like that.

Just now, pikerman said:

Oh dear me what is our defence doing they are all over the place just schoolboy errors in positioning time and time again. Please can we have two proper full backs for a start

The positioning is no different to pre-season. Full-backs bombing forward, coming infield and joining in with the midfield, that's part of our tactics, not the full-backs individually. Guarantee Dijksteel and Bola will do the same.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think we'll have too much for these 2nd half, especially if we bring Browne on.

You cant slate Randz too much for their 2nd, he looks pretty rusty tbf.

Yeah the second is bad from Randz and from Johnson but we were always gonna have kinks to work out so I'm not too fussed. Don't think we'll see too many mistakes like that from Randz so I'll let him have this one.