oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

Given we still have areas to strengthen - including those areas we struggled in tonight - I'm overall feeling positive. But I'll be cursing that penalty miss for the rest of the weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

Just now, ballyclover said:

Well was a good game. Point away on opening day is not too bad. Was there for taking but not to worry. Some good stuff. Utb 

Definitely something to build on I think. A few games in the defence should sharpen up, especially once Shotton is removed from the back line

If we can sort out our defence I’ll be happy. 

Ayala had a good game. Coulson will do well for us. Shotton is an absolute liability. 

I know we were the away team but will be happier if we can control the game more in midfield. 

Annoying ref, blew tons of niggly fouls for them.

Shotton is absolute cack.

Wing is a God. 

At least we were positive. Need some more quality in this team though.  Thought Woody should have made earlier subs to the midfield. Wing looked absolutely knackered after his goal.

As soon as britt took the ball I knew he would miss. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's missed more than he's scored for us. I love him as a goalscorer but weirdly I don't trust him as a penalty taker.

All in all I'll take the point, kenilworth road will be a hard place to go this year. There were enough positives there for me to go away content.

• Like 2

Plenty to learn, plenty to be happier about compared to last year for most, we went for it, we struggled against a team with a lot of belief there clearly. Very early days, I'm looking forward to the first match at the Riverside this season. It could have been worse, draw is probably a reasonable result for both teams given we got a penalty we shouldn't have and they didn't get a penalty they should have (in my view, anyway). Neutral would have loved that game, was pretty much all action, lots of goals, game swung from us, to them, to us, to a draw. Thank God football is back. 

• Like 2

After watching this I'd like another CB who could come in as a starter. Ayala and Fry are decent but Shotton was dreadful and I don't want to see Friend there. 

Johnson man of the match for me