oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

There has to be a sacrifice if we are  an attacking team now. We just aren't going to be as sold at the back as we have been for the last 5 years. As fans  its going to take some getting used to!

Hopefully Fry or friend will come in for Shotton at CB and things will improve slightly.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

We nearly lost it at the end. And I'd have taken a draw and that performance before the game. Gutted to concede so late, especially after Britt missed the pen to kill the game, but overall quite content. Nothing wrong with an away point.

We need a natural alternative to Fletcher in that positon. And Shotton out of the first team asap. That aside, I'm feeling v positive after watching that, especially with the players we've been linked with through to the end of the transfer window.

Don't know how I feel after that, Howson is not a rb, Shotton is certainly a liability at cb, would have have Wing take the pen, was impressed with some of Johnson's crosses, but felt that after 60 minutes Fletcher was anonymous, would have liked to see Tav replace him and see what him and Coulson on the left could do, feel Coulson could be a permanent fixture in the team at lb and Friend moved to CB.

At least 2-1 down Boro managed to show some fight that lacked last season, top 10 at most but but can't see Boro challenging for the top 2, just don't have the squad

Edited by TeessideChris78
  • Like 1

My player ratings: 

Randolph 7 (that save in the end pulled him up)

Howson 5

Ayala 7

Shotton 3

Coulson 6

Wing 8

Clayton 6

McNair 7

Johnson 8

Assombalonga 5

Fletcher 6

Subs: 

Browne 7 (loved that nutmeg)

Saville N/A 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Eventually sky panel will mention that we played in this game.......

I've turned it off when I saw the 2 Luton players at the big clear plastic crap they pull out at the end of the game to advertise *** whilst they speak to players. I'm happy for this to be Luton's night tonight, on to the next game for us. Big game at the Riverside where we really need to win people over.

Oh Britt you absolute melon. Get him of penalty’s, I said to my Dad I bet he skies it before he took it. Never feel confident when he steps up.

Anyone think Coulson is a left winger and not a Lb? Way to attacking for me, got caught out of position a lot of times, bar that he had a good game.

The game played out how I thought it would. Luton came at us and played with nothing to lose. Draw fair result.

8 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

There has to be a sacrifice if we are  an attacking team now. We just aren't going to be as sold at the back as we have been for the last 5 years. As fans  its going to take some getting used to!

Hopefully Fry or friend will come in for Shotton at CB and things will improve slightly.

Yeah but the sacrifice doesn’t have to be 3 goals...

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Two questions after this match. Why is Clayton in the lineup and why is Britt still taking penalties. 

Clayton is your issue with that game?! Clayton played well! Pinged some beautiful balls around, sits deeper let's wing and mcnair push high. Even managed to push high himself. 

Think that would be incredibly harsh to pick him out, especially when shotton played in this game.

• Like 8

Great game for a neutral, some big positives in that we look really good going forward, but defensively we're all over the place. Shotton is an absolute liability at CB but with Fry injured still we don't have much choice at the moment.

Mr blatant handball got man of the match, jesus *** christ.

I'd have given it to Wingy.

Browne looked really hungry and eager to impress when he came on, great to see.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Was quite surprised by how poor Randolph looked mind you. Got caught out alot today. I reckon mind you that he's still rusty as a result of his injury. 

He got better as the game went on. And still managed to do his weekly supersave ?

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah but the sacrifice doesn’t have to be 3 goals...

Isn't this what always happens people say they'd prefer to draw 4-4 than fluke a boring 1-0 and then when it gets to it we start complaining about conceding sloppy goals. 

• Like 4
Just now, Smogzilla said:

He got better as the game went on. And still managed to do his weekly supersave ?

Saves like that are why it's essential we keep him. He made at least 1 a game last season and he's going to be even busier this time around!

• Like 1