Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

Recommended Posts

I don’t think we can play both Wing and Tav in CM, with 3 attackers ahead of them. I’d sure not rule it out, and I’d love to see it work, but I think that’s asking an awful lot of work for Clayton. Not to mention our full backs will be bombing forward, as they have done all pre season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I don’t think we can play both Wing and Tav in CM, with 3 attackers ahead of them. I’d sure not rule it out, and I’d love to see it work, but I think that’s asking an awful lot of work for Clayton. Not to mention our full backs will be bombing forward, as they have done all pre season.

I originally wrote Sav and changed it to Tav as I decided Luton were a team we should really be taking a more attacking stance against. Can switch to Sav for more balanced games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

I originally wrote Sav and changed it to Tav as I decided Luton were a team we should really be taking a more attacking stance against. Can switch to Sav for more balanced games

Yeah i would agree for home games against lesser opposition. Any away game in this league is very challenging. 

First game of the season I’d probably go with Saville, Woodgate probably will aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be surprised to see Randolph back for this one if he's still injured now. I suspect:

Mejias

Howson Ayala Shotton Coulson

Wing Clayton Saville

Tav Britt Browne

Subs: Pears, Wood, Spence, Bola, McNair, Johnson, Fletcher

Trying to put a good bench together is a struggle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Be surprised to see Randolph back for this one if he's still injured now. I suspect:

Mejias

Howson Ayala Shotton Coulson

Wing Clayton Saville

Tav Britt Browne

Subs: Pears, Wood, Spence, Bola, McNair, Johnson, Fletcher

Trying to put a good bench together is a struggle.

Wasn't Randolph involved in the warmup against St Etienne? I fully expect him to start on friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wasn't Randolph involved in the warmup against St Etienne? I fully expect him to start on friday.

Yes, and Woody said he’d be back for Luton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably in the minority here but I don't wan't Clayton starting on Friday. The amount of times this pre-season we've passed the ball around and ended up with Clayton in space on the edge of the box has been noticeable. 

Clayton's shooting though, is absolutely chronic. Wing on the other hand has got a venomous strike, and he will score goals if given time to shoot. 

I'd like the midfield 3 to be Wing sitting so the game is infront of him and he can dictate, with Mcnair and Saville, both of whom are perfectly capable of going box to box and helping out Wing on the defensive side of things, especially Mcnair who is deceptively quick so can get back in, and as we've all seen when at CB, a competent defender. 

I do think Clayton will start instead of Mcnair personally, but I'd rather he didn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Clayts has had a good pre-season, will be difficult to justify dropping him. I personally wouldn't drop him because of his shooting but can see what you're getting at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

Randy

Howson Ayala Friend/Shotton Bola

Wing Clayton Tav

Browne Assombalonga Coulson

 

Would be an interesting lineup I think

Even though highly unlikely, I’d love to see this team start out. I really don’t see tav as a winger but think he’s ideal in a midfield 3.

Coulson I think would do well playing wide left , difficult against St Etienne starting with mindset of LB and getting shifted to LF. His positioning would have been off second half. 

Sense the optimism - 0-2 Boro! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the players available, I’d like to see the following lineup. I know that Shotton isn’t many people first choice right back, but I think he’s a more experienced option than Howson, who I’d rather see in midfield.

 

             Randolph

Shotton Ayala Friend Coulson

     Wing Clayton Howson

          Tav Britt Browne

 

 Subs: Meijas, Wood, Saville, Bola, McNair, Johnson, Fletcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling with it being the opening game of the season if Friend is fit he will start at left back mainly due to his experience. As Bola has only just signed and I think Coulson will probably be introduced slowly into the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I have a feeling with it being the opening game of the season if Friend is fit he will start at left back mainly due to his experience. As Bola has only just signed and I think Coulson will probably be introduced slowly into the season. 

That would be a sackable offence imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is such a tricky game because I know Luton will attack from the first minute, this will be a good game for anyone watching because Luton have their own style in fast paced football and well tbh we do not know as yet what our style will be.

The atmos for such a small ground will be great and I am actually pleased that we are their first opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it's quite a scary fixture full of Unknowns with a promoted team, gonna say 1-1 for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...