oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

First 5/6 games of the season are always unpredictable. Depends on who’s had the better pre season in regards to fitness (think that’s why we do so well last season) and the new signings clicking better. It could be any result but hoping for a win obviously 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

Same as Brunner's, looking forward to hopefully seeing a Team that wants to play football and entertain us fans, think it will be a rollercoaster of a season as we transition to a different style with different players.

In the end though it can't be any worse that the rubbish we endured under Pulis.

UTB!

Will be happy with a draw but think we could sneak a win. These got gubbed by Norwich recently so wont be full of confidence. I only saw the highlights of the weekend but we looked a proper team so am cautiously optimistic

So its a heart (2-1 win) , head (1-1) job

As for personnel I see Meijas starting and as one or two have said wouldn't be surprised to see George at left back or at least on the bench. 

I think if Randolph is even 80%, he plays. I think despite what Woodgate says about having full confidence in Mejias, he'd still take the risk on an almost-ready Randolph.

I think Luton will be well up for it and we will see a 'World Cup Host' kinda performance full of running, bustling and fast transitions into the final third. I reckon Shotton or Friend will get found out at CB with the movement around them so Clayton in front is a must. Playing Wing and Tav together away to Luton in the first game would be too open and lightweight for me. I'd play McNair in there alongside Wing as he seems to be a well rounded player but appears more physical than Saville.

Hello Boro fans from all around the world! 

I write you from Republic of Moldova, i want to know if Randolph will be able to play the game vs. Luton. An other question is, who will play, Fletcher or Gestede in the atack line with Britt? 

My third question is about corners and free kicks this season. Will Tavernier or someone else? 

Best regards! 

19 minutes ago, PaulMaguire said:

Hello Boro fans from all around the world! 

I write you from Republic of Moldova, i want to know if Randolph will be able to play the game vs. Luton. An other question is, who will play, Fletcher or Gestede in the atack line with Britt? 

My third question is about corners and free kicks this season. Will Tavernier or someone else? 

Best regards! 

Well another warm welcome to the forum as we greet Paul from Moldova.

Why do you follow Boro Paul?

Regarding your questions it would seem that Randolph has a good chance of starting against Luton.

I think you should forget about Gestede and at this time unless there is any developments we should probably see Fletcher in the match day squad.

If Tavernier plays game time then a good chance he will take certain free kicks, corners but we all hope that our free kicks are of much better delivery this year whoever takes them.

The game is on live TV on Friday hopefully you will find a link to watch the game.

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well another warm welcome to the forum as we greet Paul from Moldova.

Why do you follow Boro Paul?

Regarding your questions it would seem that Randolph has a good chance of starting against Luton.

I think you should forget about Gestede and at this time unless there is any developments we should probably see Fletcher in the match day squad.

If Tavernier plays game time then a good chance he will take certain free kicks, corners but we all hope that our free kicks are of much better delivery this year whoever takes them.

The game is on live TV on Friday hopefully you will find a link to watch the game.

First time i heard about Boro in 2006, when they played with Steaua Bucharest. Massimo Macarone was one of favourites players of my childhood and i often picked him in FIFA when i played in career mode.

So, thanks you for the answer! 

Also, after i've seen the last six matches, i suppose this team will start:

Meijias; Friend, Ayala, Howson, Shotton; Clayton, Mcnair, Tavernier, Saville, Fletcher, Britt.

• Like 2

I think Browne will start and will take the set pieces as well. He looked good against St Etienne and was on the corners while he was on the pitch. Boro to start the season on a high with a 2-0 win.

I feel like if we survive the first 20 mins and keep their crowd quiet our quality and youth will come through convincingly, really looking forward to this one especially if we can get a couple more in before kick off

17 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think Browne will start and will take the set pieces as well. He looked good against St Etienne and was on the corners while he was on the pitch. Boro to start the season on a high with a 2-0 win.

I'd rather Wing took them tbh

Wing's corners were largely awful last season, after the first few games. But given that everyone else had the same issue, hopefully that was more to do with Pulis than the player.