oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Wing's corners were largely awful last season, after the first few games. But given that everyone else had the same issue, hopefully that was more to do with Pulis than the player.

You could see Wing has been practising the Adama corner, once he came on at the weekend. 

Whipped with pace to the back edge of the 6yard box

Luton have signed two recent Boro players during the last month  so we could be up against them ....Butterfield and Crainie.

Ah butterfield, there's a name I completely forgot about! Seemed a very promising player until he actually played for us. I think we even made a profit on him? 

I guess Clayton has had his shooting/scoring ironed out of his game during his time at Boro. I'd love to see him get on the score sheet again this season though! As Wilson says, would be harsh to drop him, given his pre-season.

I was chatting to a mate who is a Luton fan. He was talking about being 3-0 down after 14 minutes against Norwich last week. He reckons they are dodgy at the back, and seems pretty sure they will concede. Hopefully we can manage to concede less than they do..... but 2-2 I reckon!

• Like 1

Didn't Luton lose a few of their best players on getting promoted?

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Didn't Luton lose a few of their best players on getting promoted?

Yes they did. Including both of their fullbacks who were integral to the way they set up to play, exactly like the way we are going to try and play from now on. I think they will be a big loss to Luton.

Stacey was sold to Bournemouth and was a vital part of thier set up as Blanco said. wierd thing is we could have had him for 500k two seasons ago but didnt persue it at the time . Now were desperate for the same type of player.

Posted (edited)

Prediction time. How many times are we going to be called ‘jonathan Woodgate’s middlesbrough side’ Friday?

Edited by BoroJake

My guess is 15 times. And that’s before the game starts

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes they did. Including both of their fullbacks who were integral to the way they set up to play, exactly like the way we are going to try and play from now on. I think they will be a big loss to Luton.

Both have gone to Premier league clubs too. Justin to Leicester and Stacey to Bournemouth. As others have mentioned Luton's play was geared towards those two bombing forward to provide width.

Think they will come out an attack us from the off. Which could play into our hands.

What else shall we put on the Bingo card? A few things about Pulis, I imagine.

'He might have been part of Pulis' regime but...'

'This isn't a Pulis team anymore'

'Assombalonga will have more support than in a Pulis team'

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane

"They could do with someone like him in their team now"

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

One for the season. If we are struggling go score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane

"They could do with someone like him in their team now"

If this happens less than 20 times I'll be gobsmacked.