oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Totally agree foogle. I think Fry returning will make a big difference to our defence as it did look all at sea at times. Hopefully Djiksteel comes too. Then we should look more competent at the back.

Yep if Fry can hit the ground running and play to how he was last year we'll have a second CB who's pretty dominant but Fry also has that assuredness on the ball that none of our other Centre backs have.

That 3rd goal you couldn't imagine Fry completely ballsing up that headed clearance like Shotton...

Am I just being biased or does anybody else think that Collins should have got a red card for that handball? He tried to pretend he scored it fairly. (I know they should have had a penalty)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Am I just being biased or does anybody else think that Collins should have got a red card for that handball? He tried to pretend he scored it fairly. (I know they should have had a penalty)

Nah if I was the ref I think I'd have just given a yellow. Red would've been OTT in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just back in getting out of Luton took an age but great to see Red Rocket and Ethers.

The game itself, terrific for a neutral that I am certain of but it was a good game, good atmosphere and plenty to look forward to.

Final result was fair to  both teams but yes it does fall into the "if only" category.

Players out of position at times but lets not dwell on a product that showed much more adventure than anything seen last season 

• Like 1

Flint gone. Mikel gone. Besic gone. Braithwaite gone, Hugill gone, Van La Parra gone, Downing gone. We have lost a lot of quality.

Transitional season. We will be Mid Table this year and after such personnel changes I think it is to be expected.

2 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Whichever one doesn't go into the initial press ? When Clayton won the ball back for our 2nd goal on the edge of the box were Wing and Mcnair both ahead of him ? When the ball broke for their 3rd goal Wing was the deepest of the 3 midfielders, a little later in the game when they had a counter down the left Mcnair was the deepest and he got across to cover.

If Howson pushes forward then Wing can sit and have a breather, vice versa with Mcnair, the midfield 3 isn't going to be rigid if we are pressing up the pitch. 

Fair enough. I just think you are taking a massive risk by not having someone who is “defensively aware” in there when we are trying to get the full backs forward and press high up the pitch. I’d be surprised to see us play too many games without Clayton in there. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We don’t know, I agree.

All I was saying, was the sacrifice for being ‘solid’ at the back doesn’t mean we suddenly go gun-ho and concede a high amount of goals.

Obviously we won’t condense 3 goals a game every match day, I’m just stating a point how it doesn’t have to be one way or the other. Woodgate’s job is to find the right balance, it will take time. The positive is that it seems we can attack and get goals, so half of woodgates job is done. 

Fry will be back and is an instant improvement on Shotton. New Rb will be signed, again probably an upgrade on Howson, (however he did ok tonight). 

Do you think we played Gung ho tonight?

Just back from the game there as I live locally and dearie me boys, night and day stuff from the Pulisball. Can't remember the last time I saw a Boro team go at it like that. That's footie that, regardless of the result, I am absolutely buzzing with the attacking intent and the flashes of potential that this team has in it. Onwards and upwards, Boro are finally back.

• Like 5

Who’s everyone’s MOTM? 

I think I’d give it to McNair. Best game he’s had for us by far, looked confident and energetic. Won the ball back so much in their half. Could be invaluable with the high pressing style this season. 

Ayala was class. Johnson was very good.

Browne looked sharp and lively when he came on. 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Who’s everyone’s MOTM? 

I think I’d give it to McNair. Best game he’s had for us by far, looked confident and energetic. Won the ball back so much in their half. Could be invaluable with the high pressing style this season. 

1. Wing

2.Johnson

3.Mcnair

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Who’s everyone’s MOTM? 

Ayala or Wing for me, Ayala was the Ayala of old and Wing controlled the game, especially in the second half. Johnson was great, Britt I thought actually played alright and I agree Browne looked good.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Do you think we played Gung ho tonight?

No, probably wrong term of phrase. The full backs were very high though, and they did pass through us on many occasion when we went in for the high press. 

I do like us playing the high pressure though, we just need to find the balance of when and when not to. 

• Like 1