oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town (A) 3-3 (Fletcher, Assombalonga, Wing)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle down children and I'll begin...   Twas the night before Luton, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mejias. A blank kit was packed by the kit

Would you prefer to go back to 11 men behind the ball at all times?   Honestly, I don’t get some fans on here. Complain game after game last season about the negativity. Play open, positive,

One for the season. If we are struggling to score and a camera shot of Robbie Keane "They could do with someone like him in their team now"  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Man of the match was McNair for me. Immense.

Great atmosphere, definitely could see the style of play difference from last season. Stuck in traffic on the M1 now.

Hope you aren’t writing forum posts and driving?

A lot of positives tonight but I still am unsure where Fletcher fits into that team yes he scored but for me did little else in the game. What worries me about him is his lack of movement off the ball in that system he should be making space for Assombalonga but he just stands around. I think maybe it is time to cut our losses and use the money for a different type of forward 

33 minutes ago, Brunners said:
33 minutes ago, Foogle said:

One thing I'd say about tonight is that we need to get Ayala a new deal asap, he looked like the only competent defender in a sea of carnage tonight. 

I'd agree, that looked like the Ayala of old and not last years Ayala.

I didn't think he looked that much better to be honest.  He was getting caught out when pressing as well.  I don't think it helped having Shotton one side of him and Howson the other but I don't think this pressing game will suit him at all.  He's never been the quickest and he has a tendency to try and get in front of an attacking player when the ball is being played into them but being too slow he often get there too late and the ball is gone and he's out of position.  I think he looked better because of what he was playing alongside rather than because he was great himself.

Edit - I will say that he was the only one that looked assured whenever the ball was played into our penalty area though.  That's one of his strengths but he may as well have been trying to defend them on his own at times so that definitely gets a thumbs up from me ?

1 minute ago, pikerman said:

A lot of positives tonight but I still am unsure where Fletcher fits into that team yes he scored but for me did little else in the game. What worries me about him is his lack of movement off the ball in that system he should be making space for Assombalonga but he just stands around. I think maybe it is time to cut our losses and use the money for a different type of forward 

Surprised Tav wasn’t brought on to replace him, think it could have really hurt them when they were chasing the game. 

Only criticism of woody tonight though, he got it spot on apart from that

Just now, Changing Times said:

I didn't think he looked that much better to be honest.  He was getting caught out when pressing as well.  I don't think it helped having Shotton one side of him and Howson the other but I don't think this pressing game will suit him at all.  He's never been the quickest and he has a tendency to try and get in front of an attacking player when the ball is being played into them but being too slow he often get there too late and the ball is gone and he's out of position.  I think he looked better because of what he was playing alongside rather than because he was great himself.

no, of course you didn't ?

• Like 1

I think it was probably a fair result but the penalty miss was bad. Clayton, Wing and Ayala were good but I thought Shotton was awful.Coulson played well but was exposed a few times.

I thought we looked very good in the first press, but omg we nned to learn to have a second one too, as soon they played through our first press it was autostrada...... that shouldent be possible when you play with 3 central midfielders

But I enjoyed the match overall, just need to work on defensive set pieces and that second press.....

• Like 2

This game had 2 contenders for goal of the month... Bradley and Wing! 

Amazing game to watch for neutrals I guess. It had it all.. Lots of goals and chances .. Drops, penalty claims (might be given with VAR) Missed penalty, and two teams who played footbal in every way that Pulis will never understand!