oneBoro Forum

Our friends in the north - Newcastle and Sunderland thread

I know some people don't really care what happens to our stripy friends up the road, but in the absence of any north-east derbies this season, I thought it might be handy to have a thread on here for occasional comments/critiques/mockery/memes.

Some Newcastle fans actually want to get relegated this season, believing it would finally force Mike Ashley out. Meanwhile, Sunderland supporters appear to have accepted their fate as a third-tier team, though in a recent poll of BBC Sport reporters, 14 out of 18 tipped them for promotion. (Nobody tipped Boro for promotion from the Championship, which is perhaps a good thing in terms of removing pressure from a young and inexperienced squad).

Anyone got any thoughts on how our nearest neighbours will get on this season?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sad thing for these giants is that there is still only one club in the northeast that has actually lifted a trophy and been to a European final this century........name's on the tip of my tongue,

What about Hartlepool and Darlington? 

Surely the same could be said for Newcastle and Sunderland? 

Posted Images

I actually think  Sunderland will get promoted this season.

Newcastle on the other hand I think will struggle but think they might just avoid relegation but I think thats assuming they have a few more incomings before the window closes.

All in all I think it's better for the area seeing all the teams doing well although it's much better when we are top dogs in the North East. 

I can see Newcastle being in a relegation battle all season and imo I think they will drop back down. As DZ says it might  come down to 3 worse teams out of Brighton, Sheff-Utd, Norwich, Villa etc so should be interesting to see them 6 points games! 

As for Sunderland, I think their fans are quietly optimistic and don't want to boast about going up after the 'drama' of last season. I can see them doing it this year though. 

If we don't get promoted, could be a very good chance of all 3 of us being in the Championship next season!

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
17 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

What about Hartlepool and Darlington

Not proper teams, who cares?

Surely the same could be said for Newcastle and Sunderland

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

What about Hartlepool and Darlington

Think Higgy is saying the right things and sounds confident they have a good enough squad to challenge for promotion.... Not too sure on Darlington this season tbh. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

Think Higgy is saying the right things and sounds confident they have a good enough squad to challenge for promotion.... Not too sure on Darlington this season tbh. 

Want to see Higgy do well and would love to see them back in the Football League.

Really want to see Darlington start climbing their way back through the divisions. Always had a soft spot for them, even went to Wembley to watch them in the play-off final defeat to Plymouth in the 90s.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

The Saudi takeover of Newcastle has fallen through. I know football sold its soul a long time ago, but I'm glad we won't be adding Saudis to the list of foreign owners whose presence besmirches the Premier League.

Also, 97 per cent of skunks fans wanted the deal to go through. So by my calculations, 97 per cent of them will be disappointed. Which is a bonus!

• Like 1