oneBoro Forum

What Squad number would you want if all were available?

As the squad numbers have been released, I was wondering what numbers if all were available and you were lucky to have a grinning Bauser thrusting a contract at you, what you would choose. Would it be a traditional number 1-11 and be dependent on the position you played or would you want a more personalised number that meant something to you.

Id want number 8, always liked the number but as and older bloke and a defender was always stuck with 2-4. Lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree @Blanco. Was hoping he would take that now it was free. All i want is the following at all clubs. 1. GK 2. RB 3. LB 4. CB or DM 5. CB (not a DM) 6. CB or DM 7. Offe

George Saville and Friend have had a most excellent preseason together!

I always had a weird obsession with squad numbers and feel the lack of respect for them should be a punishable offence. Cant tell you how annoyed I was when Ince was no.9 for us. Under no circums

I've gone through a few different ones over the years on my shirt, I only avoided a number on my home shirt last year because I loved the shirt too much on its own. I like 4, 7, 8 and 10. Holding midfielder or catalyst attacking midfielder.

I've had about 8 different number shirts and played in every position including goalkeeper during a crisis, the less said about the scoreline the better

My favourite shirt I had was number 10 for my school team and sunday league team but I'd probably choose 22 given the choice

I always had a weird obsession with squad numbers and feel the lack of respect for them should be a punishable offence.

Cant tell you how annoyed I was when Ince was no.9 for us. Under no circumstances should anyone but a striker be a no.9.

Oh and seeing the right back Steve Finnan wear no.3 for Liverpool back in the day gave me a headache too. I mean either learn to use your left foot if you want that number or just respect the tradition and take any number after no. 11 if no.2 not available.

Dont know why i get so passionate about this topic but it is an issue that is ruining our beautiful game and authorities need to clamp down on it

Sorry. Rant over. As you were.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I always had a weird obsession with squad numbers and feel the lack of respect for them should be a punishable offence.

Cant tell you how annoyed I was when Ince was no.9 for us. Under no circumstances should anyone but a striker be a no.9.

Oh and seeing the right back Steve Finnan wear no.3 for Liverpool back in the day gave me a headache too. I mean either learn to use your left foot if you want that number or just respect the tradition and take any number after no. 11 if no.2 not available.

Dont know why i get so passionate about this topic but it is an issue that is ruining our beautiful game and authorities need to clamp down on it

I agree TLF it always annoys me too. Our own perfect example is Randolph should wear number 1. He even wears 23 when he plays for Ireland ?

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Steven Fletcher being number 6 upfront for Sheffield Wednesday a couple years ago must have given you an aneurysm. 

Or what about Rui Patricio in goal at Wolves, I think he was 11, right? (although admittedly for a nice reason).