oneBoro Forum

Thank you oneboro aka Rob

Well here we are looking forward to the new season of 2019/2020 where upon we will all collectively follow the fortunes of the only football club that matters to us, Middlesbrough FC and we have been fortunate enough to have been able to do so for many a season now with their ups and their downs thanks to the fact that we have and are members of the oneBoro forum, a forum that has become a part of life to so many people over the years.

This forum has given me an outlet and a way to share my love of MFC and to chat to like minded people from all over the world.

It has allowed me to become friends with so many other forum members, to get together with them at so many games and grounds just to able to see the Boro but in a much better way than being alone (ok have my son).

Irrespective of the minor fall outs regularly seen personally I am just so glad that I have had the chance to participate on a forum which has always maintained it's values and respected everyone's opinions be they good or bad as much as possible.

The number of participating members increases all the time and over the years the forum has allowed thousands of folks to share with others their thoughts about MFC.

Technology and social media certainly has changed over my time on the forum allowing instant information and news, the ability to watch a match live, depending on streams, of so many Boro games but at onetime this forum was a vital part to so many, especially oversees to know what was going on during a game and the reason why our match day threads were so popular. I recall many folks stating that the match day threads and transfer window threads were the main reason for them joining in the first place and happily many are still active and contributing members.

There are other Boro forums that people can use but we have kept going we have had good and bad times but we are still here and growing in popularity it would seem from recent increases in membership. Certainly I would hope that we see the return of members who have stopped posting during the Pulis period and that they can feel the forum is a good place to visit.

But during all of that and always ensuring that the forum is possible is the fact that we have Mister oneBoro himself (Rob) who without fanfare and to be honest not much thanks or recognition silently gets on making sure the forum costs are covered and updating the forum resulting in what we have available to us all.

He never asks for financial assistance, though members can aid him should they wish, he sorts out forum issues as quickly as possible and well he has always been there for us.

So publicly I want to thank Rob for all he has done for us, your efforts and time are very much appreciated and I know that so many other members recognise that fact.

We have a like button now and the man who started this and has always maintained this forum deserves far more recognition and appreciation so please even if you see a post from him which is short and sweet and probably forum maintenance related give the man a "like"

Or simply just say thanks Rob on a reply, I know the forum means a lot to so many, tell the man why.

On behalf of everyone Rob both old and new past and present a massive thank you for everything you have done, this forum would not have been possible had it not been for your efforts. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

I love this forum. It's a giant among pygmies. I don't know Rob, but thank you regardless - and also thanks to the mods for preventing this becoming a COB nuthouse or remaining stuck in the 1990s like FMTTM...

• Thanks 1

Very well said! I haven't been on here as long as a lot of you but I really enjoy coming here and reading all your posts, news and opinions (great group of members on here) Thank you Rob for creating this forum and also to the mods and members! Best Boro forum by far and long may it continue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the messages! The forum is nothing without you all, so it’s great having you all on board and contributing like you do. 

A big thanks must also go to the forum team who keep things ticking over, they devote their own time voluntarily to ensure a great all round experience for everyone - so a massive thank you to them ? 

I want to continue to see the forum thrive in this season, so if anyone has feedback, suggestions and ideas for the website and forum please let me know (I’ll have a think about the dislike button ?).

During the summer I’ve given the main oneBoro site a bit of a refresh with a new look and more content - feel free to check it out too!

Once again, thanks! But thank you all more... keep posting ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1