• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't think some people are very objective when it comes to certain players in individual games. I said myself so many times at the start of this season how little Saville contributed to this t

This should be fun.

Damn autocorrelation! 

Posted Images

I actually thought both full backs played well and made a few decent interceptions which might have gone unnoticed, whilst Britt was absolutely pants and even with his goal was around a 5 or 6. Shows how we see games differently. And yeah Gestede wasnt given a fair shot so rating him isnt fair.

On that note, id like to reiterate I still thing its strange Marv doesnt come over to the left wing at times to put crosses in on his stronger foot, especially with Gestede on.

20 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

I actually thought both full backs played well and made a few decent interceptions which might have gone unnoticed, whilst Britt was absolutely pants and even with his goal was around a 5 or 6. Shows how we see games differently. And yeah Gestede wasnt given a fair shot so rating him isnt fair.

On that note, id like to reiterate I still thing its strange Marv doesnt come over to the left wing at times to put crosses in on his stronger foot, especially with Gestede on.

You thought britt had a bad game?! What didn't you like? I'm really curious because for me that was far and away his best all round performance this season!

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought Britt was great. His hold-up play and decision making was actually good on Saturday, earned his goal for sure.

This. I also said in the match thread that he was looking to bully their centre backs more than you usually see. 

• Like 1

It just seems like nothing stuck with him. He cant play that final incisive pass so always looks to shoot. If he is challenged for a header chances are he will lose out and it almost seemed like for every goal kick he was stood a foot or so forward of where he should be to effectively challenge. We saw a few flashes of his strenghts but nit enough. But his finish was good with a player racing in and on his left foot, and thats why he is in the team. 

I dont want him backing into defenders and bullying them as he is crap at it. I want him to just control the ball, recycle posession, then start making his move. I want him taking a first touch round the corner and getting a shot off similar to his second half move. I want him peeling off in between 2 defenders for a through ball. I think defenders are happier the closer he is to them but when he is on the move his instincts seem very good. 

I know its hard to answer but if he hadn't scored, would you have been happy with his performance?

Maybe I am being too harsh...?

12 hours ago, Brunners said:

Yes I would have...I thought he did basically all of what you described regularly throughout the bristol game.

Same here.

I could have understood this criticism of Britt in pretty much any other game this season but I though against Bristol he was very good all round even ignoring the goal.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...