oneBoro Forum

2019/20 oneBoro match ratings

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Pulis signed McNair and people like him

McNair seems to get a free pass because Pulis didn’t give him a lot of game time.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't think some people are very objective when it comes to certain players in individual games. I said myself so many times at the start of this season how little Saville contributed to this t

This should be fun.

Damn autocorrelation! 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

McNair seems to get a free pass because Pulis didn’t give him a lot of game time.

Hahah I guessed you’d reply with that.

Maybe the fact we were making a big centre mid signing despite being well stocked there and desperately short on the wings plays into people’s negative opinion of him - that seems to reflect a dislike for Pulis’ and the board’s incompetence rather than Saville himself.

But I think people don’t rate Saville mainly because he was shockingly average last season despite us paying a ridiculous fee for him. The fee isn’t his fault but I don’t think it’s directly linked to Pulis either (see: people hating Fletch for ages due to the big fee we played alongside poor performances, people hating Gestede due to the massive wages we pay him alongside his terrible displays).

This season I thought he started off really poor. When he got sent off against Derby I think I might’ve even said the words ‘I hope he never plays for us again’. Since we had our upturn in form he’s been better. No matter which way you dice it he’s been a poor signing given what we paid for him, and as I said I don’t think that reflects a dislike for Pulis.

As a side note: Pulis can still *** off and I am still completely baffled as to how you think Karanka’s style of play was anywhere near as poor as Pulis’. (not to open that can of worms again, of course.) 

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
32 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And yet maybe all of this actually shouldn't matter in judging a player over 90 minutes, but somehow it seems to.

For sure but too simplistic to say the fans’ preconceptions about Saville are coloured only by the fact he was a Pulis signing

He’s definitely a boo boy. Fans won’t give him credit where it’s due. People have this agenda against him where he never has a good game, perhaps because he isn’t homegrown or a fancy name.

I’ll admit he was pretty poor under Pulis, but recently he’s been one of our better performers, yet no one seems to mention him after the game etc. It’s weird. 

Wing has been very poor in recent months yet people don’t mention that, and yet if it was Wing putting in good performances, he’d be the first person on the team sheet. 

Even though Saville has been one of our better performing midfielders of late, he’s literally never in anyone’s starting 11 for the next week. 

Surprised Johnson scored as high as he did, for me his crossing was mostly woeful and cant tackle for toffee, not sure if Mowbray targeted our LHS but most of their attacks came down that side especially in the first half