oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

2019/20 oneBoro match ratings

Would not have expected Woody to be topping many of these polls up to a month ago! 

That is really quite something. Have we ever seen a manager that high on here? Another question, have we ever seen a manager win man of the match?

We have now @wilsoncgp. Haha. I think the manager has been MOTM a few times actually.

Preston v Boro 01-Jan-2020

Screenshot_2020-01-05-09-29-55-1.png

Only a few weeks ago, I would have been thinking that looks like it is upside down....nice to see people giving credit to good performances rather than sticking to entrenched views

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, Mr_Maz said:

Very harsh on Saville

That is harsh; I thought he's been pretty good the last three games or so.

In a team full of 6s, I'd give man of the match to Pears. He couldn't do sod all about the goal from what I saw, he made one save in the first half which made me think oh dear (came out to collect low down under pressure, got to it but it spooned out of his grasp) but made one very good save in the second half to his left and got a tremendous punch on the ball in the final moments. Not to mention that Brum really pressed high onto him tonight, particularly in the first half, and he dealt with it superbly every time, good to have a young keeper who is confident with the ball at his feet.

Spence is a close second, he did look a bit tired tonight, apart from when he was sprinting across the line to make some incredible tackles. There was one in the second half when Brum lofted the ball through on the left, Spence didn't just catch up with the play, he made sure the lad knew he was there, went for the ball a couple of times before eventually getting his foot onto it to put it out for a throw. Recoveries like that are seen in some top, experienced full backs.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• I only saw some highlights but just about every Barnsley attack was him being beaten or him out of position.  It's only a two minute clip but he must have been bloody good for the rest of the game for him to be our best player.  If that was one of the younger lads I reckon certain people would be all over them for it.  Howson does it and the Gazette give him our man of the match.  These are strange times to be a Boro fan.
    • He has to go. I appreciate that there have been historical mistakes that have lead to an unbalanced squad but this team is still under performing. We set up with little shape and it looks like the players have no concept of what their roles in the team are.  The bench look like Mike Bassett and his team of clueless no hopers.  This squad is better than results and performances are showing and that is down the the management team.
    • I also disagree with his idea that Howson was the best outfield player by some margin against Barnsley. I thought he had a pretty bad game, constantly getting done.
    • I know what you were commenting on and I replied to it.  He can win by winning on the pitch.  It's as simple as that.   Roberts came in when he came in.  I'm sure we would like him to be available for every game but he's one player and I'm sorry but no I don't accept that his absence has hit us really hard. I think he isn't being careful because there's absolutely no reason to suggest that he is.  You've decided something is happening without any basis for it for whatever reason.  I used Friend as an example because he has barely played this season at all, yet he started training, played a game or two in the reserves, and then was straight back into the side. That doesn't suggest to me that we are being overly careful with anyone.  We'll play anyone when they are fit to play and as soon as Roberts is available then he'll be back in. Edit - Just to be clear, that isn't simply down to Woodgate, with a different manager I dare say we'd take the same approach to players returning from injury.