oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Introduction. 

Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of this thread is not for you. 

200.gif

Our first home game of the season sees the visit of Brentford, a side who's recruitment policy we are eagerly trying to replicate/shamelessly steal. 

jean-luc godard spy GIF

In our last/first match Woodgate's boys certainly put on a show, giving us Boro fans more excitement in 90 minutes than we had experienced in the entire 18 months (or was it 18 years) of *shudders* Pulis-ball. Some fans just couldn't handle it. 

Happy Temptation Island GIF by Videoland

In Brentford's first/last match they suffered a shock home defeat to Birmingham Citydog what GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I don't think that will mean much going into this match though as things are always pretty much up in the air at this time of the season which takes me nicely into the first segment of BearNews

BearNews.

First sighting of the ball from Britt Assombalonga's penalty appears in a grinning Neil Bausor's back garden. carling cup football GIF

Tony Pulis is out on the golf course when he hears about Boro's new free flowing attacking football. He's not happy/confused. golf cart GIF

Ryan Shotton feels a bit guilty after his shakey performance and hits the training field immediately to try and improve. drunk soccer GIF

And finally Darren Randolph gives an insight into the secrets of his shot stopping prowess on the training pitches of Rockliffe. pootie tang bullets GIF

The big questions. 

We will undoubtedly see some transfer activity before the kick off but how many will we bring in? Who are they? 

Should we continue with Shotton at centre back? Or should we try something/anything else? 

What is your starting XI? Is it staying the same or will there be changes? 

How many goals will Lewis Wing score from outside the area this season? 

BearPrediction. 

I think we are going to see goals again this week as we continue plundering forward with little regard for defensive stability. I'm going to go for Boro 3-2 Brentford with goals from Britt x2 and Marcus Browne.

What is your prediction? 

UTB

bom dia hello GIF

• Like 11
  • Angry 1
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

Hehe I like the shotton gif. How long till fry is back? Him and Ayala at the back will do us right.

Looking forward to the first home game. I'm even coming home early off my holidays for it. 

I'm going 3-1 Boro with Assombalonga and wing (×2) scoring 

I think its good that we are playing Brentford so early. It seems like they will lose Maupay and Benrahma this week so hopefully wont be at full power just yet.

Im going for a 2-1 Boro win. 

P.s.

ASSOMBALONGA = A GOAL BOSS MAN

Same team for me unless Fry’s back or Friend is fit enough to start over Shotton, can’t justify dropping anyone other than him really

Can’t drop Johnson but I’m not confident we’ll see the same performance out of him this week, hopefully we’ll have brought the 3/4 players we want in before the window shuts 

I’m going for a 4-3 win. Assombalonga 2. Fletcher 1 and Ayala one. If Dijksteel comes in early next week i’d use him at RB, move howson to midfield and put McNair at CB in place of shotton

• Like 1

Taken the GIF game to the next level, BearSmog. I'm so proud of you.

We will undoubtedly see some transfer activity before the kick off but how many will we bring in? Who are they? 

We've already done more business than I was expecting in all truth. But hey, let's be positive now and say 4 ins.

Dijksteel or Hutton
Diangana
Kent
Some loan CB (imagine if we could get Tomori, oof)

Should we continue with Shotton at centre back? Or should we try something/anything else? 

I think this would be an interesting time to throw Wood in. First game at the Riverside of the season, bit of positivity about the place and he'll get the backing of kings. Put him between Howson and Ayala to try keep him right. 

What is your starting XI? Is it staying the same or will there be changes? 

Here's what I'd go with:

Randolph
Howson Wood Ayala Coulson
Wing Clayton McNair
Johnson Britt Browne

Subs: MejiasShottonBolaSavilleTavKentFletcher

How many goals will Lewis Wing score from outside the area this season?

• Like 1

Randolph
Howson Wood Ayala Bola
Wing Clayton Tav
Browne Britt Coulson

would be interesting to see, especially if we’re going for the all out attack 5 goals a game everyone is expecting now 

1 hour ago, whitey said:

Randolph
Howson Wood Ayala Bola
Wing Clayton Tav
Browne Britt Coulson

would be interesting to see, especially if we’re going for the all out attack 5 goals a game everyone is expecting now 

tenor.gif

Love it Bear Smog the dinasaur in the golf buggy cracked me up. On the basis of Fridays game I tempted to put my money on seven apiece unless we somehow change the system to give some cover to Shotton

Hello again

please forgive me for being so dilatory- I'm a returnee (albeit I never left, I just haven't posted for a few years).

Anyway, in reply to this thread, I'm hoping for another exciting game, hopefully ending 3/4-2 Boro. 

• Like 1

Randz
Howson, Gordon, Ayala, Bola
Clayton
Wing, Mc'Nair
Browne, Britt, Coulson

I know it's hard to leave Fletcher and Johnson out, but I think this is the best team v Brentford..

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Randz
Howson, Gordon, Ayala, Bola
Clayton
Wing, Mc'Nair
Browne, Britt, Coulson

I know it's hard to leave Fletcher and Johnson out, but I think this is the best team v Brentford..

Not too sure about this Gordon lad. Seems a bit of an unknown?

• Like 1

Visiting family this coming weekend, so will be in attendance for this one (with my better half). Should also be there for the Wigan game on Tuesday (without the better half).

Think same team that started at Luton should start again, with maybe Fletcher being dropped for Browne. And Browne and Johnson swapping wings (just in my opinion).

Edited by DanFromDownSouth