oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Wood isn't ready for the Championship. He might well be a good prospect but throwing him into first team Championship football atm won't work. He needs a loan somewhere to get used to proper first team football and not youth games. A season at a L2/Conference team will do him the world of good. 

He did okay in the cup last season but was bullied on a fair few occasions, (fully understandable due to his age) but throwing him in now other than in a defensive crisis is asking for trouble IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Wood isn't ready for the Championship. He might well be a good prospect but throwing him into first team Championship football atm won't work. He needs a loan somewhere to get used to proper first team football and not youth games. A season at a L2/Conference team will do him the world of good. 

He did okay in the cup last season but was bullied on a fair few occasions, (fully understandable due to his age) but throwing him in now other than in a defensive crisis is asking for trouble IMO. 

So you say you love Shotton? ???

16 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So you say you love Shotton? ???

Haha most definitely not, I do think he should play until Fry or Friend are fit though as we have no other senior options. Shotton was very poor on Friday, especially on the ball. 

Ideally I would play Mcnair in there but I don't think Woody see's him as a CB. 

This is going to be a first for me in terms of going to a match because not only am I going to the game with my lad but also taking his son to watch his very first live Boro match. Teddy was very cross that he did not get to go to the Luton game but did watch it on the box.

Just want the whole day to be good for him due to travel time and distance!

Looking forward to the game and think it will be a good time to play Brentford

• Like 5

Brentford are pretty notorious slow starters, I think this is down to the sheer amount of outgoings and incomings they make every year which takes time to adjust. 

Good time to play them I reckon, I'm going 2-1 McNair to score first. 

• Like 1

Don't think Woodgate will be making any changes for this. Johnson did well and I don't think he deserves to be dropped and Fletcher got a goal and assist. The only change for me would be at right back. I'm just not comfortable with Howson playing at the back. Same with Shotton but I think he'll be in there until Fry is back.

If we get a RB in on time (which I think we will) I'd be tempted to start him right away and put Howson in the midfield instead of Clayton, Have McNair play a bit deeper and Howson as box-to-box with Wing a bit more advanced. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:12 AM, Downsouth said:

This is going to be a first for me in terms of going to a match because not only am I going to the game with my lad but also taking his son to watch his very first live Boro match. Teddy was very cross that he did not get to go to the Luton game but did watch it on the box.

Just want the whole day to be good for him due to travel time and distance!

Looking forward to the game and think it will be a good time to play Brentford

please tell me Teddy is your Grandson,and not a stuffed toy you believe is real ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

please tell me Teddy is your Grandson,and not a stuffed toy you believe is real ?

He is indeed, Edward but everyone calls him Teddy, always in his Boro top