oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yes mate trained all week.

You'd think if we were prepared to let Shotton go that either Fry or Friend would probably be fit to start? Either that or we were planning on starting Wood and Ayala.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

It'll be interesting to see the attendances tomorrow. Have we gained or lost supports after getting rid of Pulis, promoting Woodgate and trimming the squad by not making any big signings but instead having a vastly different tactic. There must be plenty of people interested in seeing the team after opening the season with a 3-3. What a roller coaster season we had last time that happened. Let's hope for an opposite outcome this time ? 

Says we've sold over 20,000 tickets so far so I believe it to be around the same. Reckon the atmosphere will be a hell of a lot better, though!

I’d go;

——————— Randy ——————-

Dijksteel — Ayala — Fry — Coulson/Bola

——————- McNair ———————

———— Wing ——— Howson ———

Johnson ——-— Britt ———— Fletcher

Id like to see a McNair, Wing, Howson midfield combo, and all up for getting SteelDick in RB straight away.

Be harsh to drop Johnson/Fletcher so play them if they’re in form and give them the confidence they so badly lack.

18 minutes ago, Foogle said:

You'd think if we were prepared to let Shotton go that either Fry or Friend would probably be fit to start? Either that or we were planning on starting Wood and Ayala.

Maybe McNair along Ayala until Fry and/or Friend is 100%. I think it'll be Shotton though.

I think he'll pick the same team I'll get hate for this prediction but Benrahma tears Coulson up he'll take advantage of Coulson's over eager tackling and could have a field day. Coulson's done alright but he's not great in the air, at crosses he tucks in rather than keeps an eye on his back post but he's still learning and Fletcher once the ball passes into our half leaves him exposed a bit. 

Brentford were god awful vs Birmingham 2nd half if they're that bad we'll win it's whether they punish Howson and Coulson with their superb wide options. I'd like Saville and Bola in the team at least but I completely understand keeping Coulson and McNair it'll probably take a loss for him to change the team Paddy was great last week but I still want to see more from him around the opposition box.

I'd go with a 2-2 draw but it could easily be a Brentford win I don't see a clean sheet for either side so it'll be a good watch.

Bit harsh to drop Johnson, so maybe Coulson to remain at LB, with Johnson and Browne either side of Britt.

But long-term, and perhaps even as early as tomorrow, team I'd most want to see;

Randy

Dijk      Ayala   Fry      Bola

Clayton

Wing   McNair 

Browne                  Coulson 

Ass

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Fry / Friend in for Shotton.

That's the only change I see.

I'd agree with that , in fact wouldn't be surprised to see Shotton keep his place if Fry is anything less then 100% fit as can't afford to rush him.

As for result I think 2-2. A win would of course be nice but Brentford will be dangerous so happy to lower expectations at this early time in the season

Club website says Woody has a full team to pick from.

“With Anfernee Dijksteel’s midweek arrival completing Boro’s summer transfer window, Woodgate has options available for the Brentford game as he selects from a clean bill of health.”

1 hour ago, 2plus2 said:

Bit harsh to drop Johnson, so maybe Coulson to remain at LB, with Johnson and Browne either side of Britt.

But long-term, and perhaps even as early as tomorrow, team I'd most want to see;

Randy

Dijk      Ayala   Fry      Bola

Clayton

Wing   McNair 

Browne                  Coulson 

Ass

Don't think we'll see it tomorrow but I think that will probably become our strongest line up at some point. 

• Like 1

This below is the contribution Erimus 74 recently made when trying to start another Brentford Match thread.

The contents are very good and full of information and I hope that he will volunteer to become a match day author as and when his turn comes around. If anyone wants to give a like please find a post from Erimus and give a like there.

Well here we are, the mad crazy transfer window has shut till January, we can settle down & go with what & who we have
On transfer day us Boro fans were excited with the thought of more incomings & outgoings, will we sign another exciting, promising player, will the players who won’t be involved be sold on, but the actual transfer day itself nothing happened, there was talk of Shotton going to Wigan, but it didn’t materialise, no ins or outs

Some say we had a poor transfer recruitment; I think Woody has done exceptionally well, he’s identified the players he wanted, the areas to improve to help him achieve his style of football that he wants to introduce. Yes, we’re a bit thin on the ground, but if we stay clear of injuries & suspensions we could make a go of this season & come January, if we’re looking & playing as a team that could get in to the playoffs then we will look a good proposition for potential signings
Bola, Brown, Dijksteel & Coulson will be named in the match day squad, all hoping to be involved
Will the new signings be involved in the starting 11, will Coulson keep his place, Howson stay in defence? 
Plenty of options for Woodgate & Keane to ponder

So on to the game itself, Woodys 3rd Boro home debut, twice he has had a home debut as a Boro player, now as a manager, he’ll be buzzing, all the talking since becoming manager, all the passion hes been showing will have to be put aside & his team will play their 1st home game of the season & hopefully put Brentford to the sword

Exciting times certainly for the Woodgate & his team & us Boro fans
The next debut player will be the 196th registered Boro player to play a competitive game for the Boro

Played for both Boro & Brentford

Paul Merson played for Brentford on loan in 1987, a decade before joining Boro. Magic Man Merse played under Frank McLintock in his brief stint for The Bees before breaking through to arsenal's first team.
George Saville had a loan spell at Griffin Park in the 2013/14 campaign, the Northern Ireland international clocked up 44 appearances in all competitions, also played alongside Adam Forshaw 

Adam Forshaw as above, played alongside Saville in midfield for the Bees during their promotion-winning campaign. He amassed a century of appearances, & was awarded the League One Player of the Year & featured in the PFA Team of the Year for League One

Jordan Rhodes had a brief but memorable stay in West London. He joined from Ipswich Town on an initial month-long deal in 2009, scoring on his home debut against Aldershot Town, followed by his first career hat-trick (the youngest player in Bees history to do so) within half an hour of a Brentford match against Shrewsbury Town. Having scored seven goals in 14 Bees appearances, injury curtailed Rhodes' stay - but that didn't prevent him picking up March's PFA League Two Fans' Player of the Month & the PFA Fans' Player of the Year for the division

Josh McEachran 25-year-old put pen to paper on a permanent Bees deal in 2015 as Brentford returned to the Championship. He has since made just under 100 appearances there and notched his first career goal back in October in a 1-1 draw at home to Birmingham City

Chris Kamara Middlesbrough-born Chris spent the largest portion of his playing career at Griffin Park with over 150 games under his belt for the Bees

Ryan Fredericks is another who had a sojourn at Griffin Park in the early days of his career. The now-West Ham right-back moved across London from Spurs in 2012 as Boro on loan

Emmanuel Ledesma came to Brentford at the end of his time in this country, making just two appearances for the club in 2016 before joining Greek side Panetolikos

Boro v Brentford will be the 12th fixture on Teesside, between the 2 teams, with the following

Won – 6
Drew – 2 
Lost – 2 
For – 20
Against - 6

• Like 2

First three points of the season coming Boro's way this weekend. Tempted by a 3-1 correct score, this site say's it's 19/1. A goal for Britt after last weekend's pen moss to.

https://www.thatsagoal.com/predictions/middlesbrough-vs-brentford-prediction-10-08-19

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Don't think we'll see it tomorrow but I think that will probably become our strongest line up at some point. 

Think Howson will suit the high tempo putting pressure on playing CM rather than Mcnair, but id also like to see if Mcnair  could play Claytons role.

6 minutes ago, CallumTS17 said:

Think Howson will suit the high tempo putting pressure on playing CM rather than Mcnair, but id also like to see if Mcnair  could play Claytons role.

To be fair to McNair he was probably the one who won the ball back the most out of our team in the last game

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

To be fair to McNair he was probably the one who won the ball back the most out of our team in the last game

Your right he did win the ball back a few times and intercepted a few dodgy passes. I'd still like to see him in Claytons role see how he fares.

• Like 1