oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Yes we got beat and the second half we looked a bit lost. No leaders on show. Lots of positives in the first half though. If we managed to score first I think we would have won. We were enthusiastic but naive and lots to work on. 

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

I'm probably crazy but the key for Woodgate right now is a win, we've played 3 serious games (ASSE Luton Brentford) with his tactics we have 2 draws and a defeat for there to be full confidence in his methods from fans to players he needs a win. I'd hope we beat Crewe and hopefully it's enough to start cementing confidence in the approach which will bare fruit. If we keep stuttering throughout the next month (I mean draws and losses pile up) that's when he's in serious trouble but I THINK we'll be fine when proof of method is born out and we get a win.

To people saying mid table I get the thinking but we do not keep 15 million pound strikers with a couple of years left on his contract to finish midtable we could finish midtable with Fletcher up front or a 3 million pound striker clearly we kept Britt to get us promoted otherwise whats the point?

There's enough in the past 3 displays that Woodgate's onto something we'll see how it shakes out after our first win I think right now that's what we all need but especially the players.

I agree with most of what you say mate. But by the same token it hardly smacks of team looking for promotion when we were unwilling to pay even loan fees for players that would have improved our team dramatically. We wont be anywhere near the top 6 if Fletcher and Johnson play 35+ games for us on the wing. 

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Steve Gibson....when JW walked In and told you we need 3 players on wed and you said no more signings....that's what happens. Fuming with stuff I got told today.

Oh god, Woody deserves more 

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Steve Gibson....when JW walked In and told you we need 3 players on wed and you said no more signings....that's what happens. Fuming with stuff I got told today.

Disgusting tbh, total lack of ambition. Gibson is really testing his hero status recently.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Watch this space. Southgoat took us out the prem and Woodgoat out the Campionship. Very sad too see. I’m sat in my villa in Dubai with the prem on. Wont see Boro there for a long long time again. 

Oh dear.  You seem to have a very short memory.  Just calm down love, we needed to reset and make sure we actually have a club as financially we were unstable.  I don't care how long it takes, we need to give JW time and let the new approach take effect.  You just sit in your villa in Dubai and cry bud, we don't care.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

It's true thought the club doesn't have any proven winger's 

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Oh dear

I know the club has to operate more within it's means but the club will never be profitable in the championship it's only possible in the premiership and we've gone from smashing the league to settling for mediocrity 2 seasons down the line 

Those of you saying that we need to push on next season need to realise that we will have a far worse team next year after we have sold all our best players and been given peanuts to  recruit. We need to qualify for the play offs or we will be just making up the numbers with a top half finish seen as a good season.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Watch this space. Southgoat took us out the prem and Woodgoat out the Campionship. Very sad too see. I’m sat in my villa in Dubai with the prem on. Wont see Boro there for a long long time again. 

I'm sat in a car at the traffic lights near the linny as seen as we are apparently doing live locational updates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1