oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Honestly thought we got done today. Ref was awful. I can't speak much for the goals as they didn't show in the half time highlights but seems like the consensus is that it wasn't the right call on at least one of them.

Still, that's the way it goes. We didn't come out in the 2nd half very well and looked down and out when they scored. We worked hard, put some decent moves together and then got hit with a hammer blow.

Subs were a bit... head-scratchy. Formation change was bizarre. Playing Browne behind two strikers was a pretty bad move, it seems.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gloom4u said:

I know we lost but was it more enjoyable than watching pulisball?

Much more. Didn’t deserve to lose but a blind linesman thought otherwise. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

15 million pound strikers need quality service for regular chances though and don't think we can get that from Fletcher on the left and Johnson on the right over a full season

I think service for Britt will come from Dijksteel and Bola as well over 40 games Britt will get alot of chances, people love the Coulson story but Bola was brought in for a reason I think in a month you'll see maybe 4 different players in our lineup. Woodgate has 3 mysteries to solve right now is he so confident in Friend as a LCB that he drops Ayala for Fry? Saville is goals from midfield in the right role but McNair passes better and has performed very well. Mystery 3 is Tavernier you might see him as a b2b Woody but that areas so crowded maybe focus on giving him some of the coaching you gave Johnson try him not as a winger but a buzz around Britt wide #10 a bit like the role Braithwaite had at times.

We have issues but I think these are short term there is alot of positives midfield upwards but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, whitefeather said:

Those of you saying that we need to push on next season need to realise that we will have a far worse team next year after we have sold all our best players and been given peanuts to  recruit. We need to qualify for the play offs or we will be just making up the numbers with a top half finish seen as a good season.

That's the trouble we might  have a alright season finish like around midtable then everyone will say we're building on this new style. Then they'll be big offer's for Assombalonga, Fry and Wing so they'll be off and will probably not be replaced with the same quality ?

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Honestly thought we got done today. Ref was awful. I can't speak much for the goals as they didn't show in the half time highlights but seems like the consensus is that it wasn't the right call on at least one of them.

Still, that's the way it goes. We didn't come out in the 2nd half very well and looked down and out when they scored. We worked hard, put some decent moves together and then got hit with a hammer blow.

Subs were a bit... head-scratchy. Formation change was bizarre. Playing Browne behind two strikers was a pretty bad move, it seems.

Yea that was strange, bring your pacey winger on and stick him in a number 10 role trying to play fancy football with gestede and britt. 

8 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I agree with most of what you say mate. But by the same token it hardly smacks of team looking for promotion when we were unwilling to pay even loan fees for players that would have improved our team dramatically. We wont be anywhere near the top 6 if Fletcher and Johnson play 35+ games for us on the wing. 

It strikes me it's the owner who's not looking for promotion. 

If Gibson doesn’t want to sink any more money into the club, then surely that’s his prerogative. It’s his money and he can do what he wants with it.

Why are people fuming about the recruitment this window? We are loss making club, gate receipts and TV money won’t keep us afloat. 

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ah, you're that knobhead who thinks they're successful because they've left the UK to move to a socially backwards country. Please stay there.

Point of privilege, thats a bit harsh mate. After all I have stuck by Boro as a fan and spend my good money on them. Need to hold back a bit with your negative attitude. 

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Can I ask how fletcher could handball it in when he was behind the defender?

He didn't, he didn't touch it at all! Absolutely mad decision by the linesman.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Yea that was strange, bring your pacey winger on and stick him in a number 10 role trying to play fancy football with gestede and britt. 

To be fair, Browne was a no. 10 by trade before going to Oxford.

Just now, AdamBoro said:

Point of privilege, thats a bit harsh mate. After all I have stuck by Boro as a fan and spend my good money on them. Need to hold back a bit with your negative attitude. 

Seriously just go away.

2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

It strikes me it's the owner who's not looking for promotion. 

If we went up we would need 8 new players and have to rip up the current philosophy which has been in place for about 3 months of promoting youth. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Seriously just go away.

I have no beef with you. Its your mates jealousy and ignorance that leaves a bad taste. I am a big fan of the forum and the general chit chat but Denzel can be a little offensive. Defending him makes you seem like you share the same bitterness. I am just honest