oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

1 minute ago, gloom4u said:

I was hoping Browne would be this kind of player. I know what you mean though there does seem a lack of spark. If the short passing in midfield works out maybe that will save the need for an outstanding individual?

I just don't think we've got enough up top personally

I like our midfield 3, I like our potential back 4 and Randolph is top 3 keeper in the league, but I just can't get excited by Fletcher and Johnson either side of Britt and I don't think teams will be scared of that either. 

Look at Fulham's front 3 of Cavaleiro - Mitrovic - Knockaert, defender's nightmare

Same thing at Leeds, Brentford, West Brom, Hull, Forest, Huddersfield, Derby even teams like QPR and Swansea have got that 1 player minimum who can leave a defender for dead or create something out of nothing

With Fletcher and Johnson we're lacking that spark exactly like last season 

• Like 3
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I don't think it's 100% their fault really. It's gibbo that signs off the deals and if he ain't doing it for what ever reason then that's where the real issue lies. 

We don't look abroad anywhere near enough imo and that fault lies with them two for me 

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I like our midfield 3, I like our potential back 4 and Randolph is top 3 keeper in the league, but I just can't get excited by Fletcher and Johnson either side of Britt and I don't think teams will be scared of that either. 

Look at Fulham's front 3 of Cavaleiro - Mitrovic - Knockaert, defender's nightmare

Same thing at Leeds, Brentford, West Brom, Hull, Forest, Huddersfield, Derby even teams like QPR and Swansea have got that 1 player minimum who can leave a defender for dead or create something out of nothing

Spot on Gestede is diabolical. No one wanted him yet they play him. What does that tell you. He should be in the reserves till his contract runs out or if some is dumb enough to buy the donkey.

Sounded like a good performance overall, should have been one or two up but Brentford stepped up in the second half and got the goal then we ran out of steam. 

Which overall is a better performance than in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We don't look abroad anywhere near enough imo and that fault lies with them two for me 

I agree we should exploit the foriegn market more, as they are usually cheaper players on the continent. 

Look at Brentford's goal today, it's definitely not defensive mistakes but a piece of brilliance from Canos

Flicks it over Shotton's head leaving him for dead and knocks it past Ayala, squares it for an open goal tap in for Watkins

We haven't had a player that could do that since Gaston, Traore, Adomah and we haven't replaced them exactly like last season

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I agree once fry come's back and Dijksteel slots in RB and Coulson/Bola LB the defence is strong but up front we only have Britt who has any proven pedigree. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I agree we should exploit the foriegn market more, as they are usually cheaper players on the continent. 

I know we managed to find Stuani who was a gem but never really appreciated at Boro 

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Look at Brentford's goal today, it's definitely not defensive mistakes but a piece of brilliance from Canos

Flicks it over Shotton's head leaving him for dead and knocks it past Ayala, squares it for an open goal tap in for Watkins

We haven't had a player that could do that since Gaston, Traore, Adomah and we haven't replaced them exactly like last season

It's still defensive mistakes, Shotton originally gets drawn in, then Ayala absolutely dives in unnecessarily and then Shotton plays it horribly positionally. Yes it was very good from Canos, but to say it's not defensive mistakes is being very kind.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

It's still defensive mistakes, Shotton originally gets drawn in, then Ayala absolutely dives in unnecessarily and then Shotton plays it horribly positionally. Yes it was very good from Canos, but to say it's not defensive mistakes is being very kind.

It's just such a Pulis way of looking at it for me 

The best players in this league make defenders look silly and that's what Canos did 

Literally just come back from a couple of days in Huddersfield on the train about 10 minutes before the game, sprinted over to the stadium just in time for kick off, so if this is a bit ranty, I'm sorry, just a bit train-lagged.

First half I thought we looked great, we really gave them a good game, and I think Brentford were quite surprised. Second half, god only knows. I said to my dad, "this looks like a Pulis side" after all of the long balls and aimless pints, and quelle surprise, they start catching us on the brick and tear through the team at will.

Shotton seems mentally shot, I have no idea what is wrong with him. I'm hoping the club have someone to talk to him because he does not seem right at all on the pitch.

Lino on West side and Ref were poor, ref let them waste time and just bought ever little falling over they did.

We seriously need to work on our offsides, absolutely criminal how often were caught offside.

Dijksteel looked good from the brief run he had out, really not sure what Gestede bought to the table. Browne looked meh. Just seemed to run in to blind corners.

When we played football on the ground we looked good and really challenged. Fair play to Brentford though, they took their chance and did what we should've done.

Glad to see a senior member finally has heard some news about what's happening behind the scenes.

To say to Dimi who was on 8k a week to cut his contract 6months early to 700pound a week after all he's done for us, just shows how Gibson's true colours. (Hence why Dimi told us to **** off lol!

Honestly it's shambles behind the scenes and I can't emphasise enough how skint the club is.

None of the money from the concerts over the summer went into the club's finances.

Woody is onto a hiding from nothing, that's why other managers pulled out of the running.

1st performance was exciting. 2nd half ran out steam and felt like a Pulis performance.

Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

I really liked stuani, was a tidy player. 

Look at the front 3 behind the striker we had in the promotion season thought Stuani Ramirez Adomar that's quality but has never been replaced at all