oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

It's just such a Pulis way of looking at it for me 

The best players in this league make defenders look silly and that's what Canos did 

As someone who used to play as a defender, I pretty much look at most goals as defensive mistakes ?

Force of habit! 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Look at the front 3 behind the striker we had in the promotion season thought Stuani Ramirez Adomar that's quality but has never been replaced at all

Gaston was the main creator and was a game changer. Them kind of players are not that easy to replace unfortunately. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AdamBoro said:

So it seems like we all agree we could be in for a relegation battle this season and not a mid table steadier. 

I wouldn't go that far.. Mid to top half of the table maybe but not relegated. 

• Like 1

Very frustrating to watch today. Thought we had some good chances in the half that we should have put away. But didn't take the chances and we ultimately got punished.

Today wasn't helped by the fact we had to queue for the best part of an hour to pick up our tickets that we had already brought. Which meant missing the first 25 minutes! ???

Edit: Will do a proper write up of what my thoughts were after I'm back in the South.

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Does anyone think Coulson needs pulling out yet? 

I'm very unsure about him. Looks a decent prospect but very naive in defence. Still think with a run in the team as a bit part player hell become a really good player.

• Like 1
Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Nope, one of the better performers today. Didn't really put a foot wrong, bailed other more experienced players out a number of times.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Gaston was the main creator and was a game changer. Them kind of players are not that easy to replace unfortunately. 

Only because we only look in England! There'll be many a player in Spain who could unlock a championship defence no problem but they're going to the likes of Birmingham instead of us 

Been at work and just had chance to read through the game thread. The first half was described as night and day compared to Pulis ball, this thread is also night and day first to second half ?

sound like we did alright and were screwed by decisions. 2-0 up game would have been ours. Second half Brentford fought back.... it’s the 2nd game of the season. Work in progress. People who are starting now won’t be in a few games after some come back from injury and the new signings find their feet and claim the place. 

UTB

Just now, Ash said:

Only thing I got to see was the two goals being disallowed. How was the game otherwise?

Excellent first half, bad opening 10 minutes of the second half, ran out of steam and ideas towards the end. You can see what we want to do though, so just need to keep moving forward ?

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think he's promising however has kinda been thrown into the deep end I think he's a good player to provide cover but not really a starter

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Excellent first half, bad opening 10 minutes of the second half, ran out of steam and ideas towards the end. You can see what we want to do though, so just need to keep moving forward ?

Thanks! We'll get there hopefully?

• Like 1