oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Considering homophobia is illegal, I would have thought it's not welcome on OneBoro either.

I’ve been following the thread all day DZ and I generally don’t agree with much of what adamboro has to say but I cannot figure out how anything that he did say was homophobic. Unless I missed something?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

Just now, Blanco said:

I’ve been following the thread all day DZ and I generally don’t agree with much of what adamboro has to say but I cannot figure out how anything that he did say was homophobic. Unless I missed something?

it was something said in private

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Blanco said:

Just because something isn't said in public doesn't mean it hasn't been said, if you get me.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Right all, enough of the derailing in various ways.

Things that have been posted/sent have been dealt with.

Let's keep things on the game, respect opinions and not lower the tone or post potentially discriminatory things - no need on a football forum.

Let's keep it civil and polite. 

• Like 4

We are some distance away from being a good side.  Before anyone starts, I'm not posting for a reaction nor am I interested in getting into it with anyone. 

We are largely clueless with the ball in my opinion.  I want to watch a decent footballing side and it feels like it's never going to happen at this club.  Our chances today almost exclusively came from this high press stuff, which is fine, but it shouldn't be the sum total of what we're about.  It was the same last week as well.  There appears to be no actual plan other than we'll press the other team.  When we have possession we're too slow and not much different from last season quite honestly.  Plenty of long balls over the top because we don't know what else to do with it and no creativity anywhere in the side.  Wing isn't a creative player, he's a player you want on the ball in and around the area because he'll score goals.  Clayton and McNair clearly aren't creative players, they are just hard workers.  Fletcher isn't, Johnson isn't and Assombalonga isn't.  I have no idea what that team is built to do other than press when we don't have the ball and that's not enough or it's not enough for me anyway.  As soon as the press wasn't working in the second half we had absolutely nothing else to offer in the game other than hoping someone would make something happen.  I reckon Woodgate already has a lot of thinking to do because we are really lacking in some aspects of our game.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We are some distance away from being a good side.  Before anyone starts, I'm not posting for a reaction nor am I interested in getting into it with anyone. 

We are largely clueless with the ball in my opinion.  I want to watch a decent footballing side and it feels like it's never going to happen at this club.  Our chances today almost exclusively came from this high press stuff, which is fine, but it shouldn't be the sum total of what we're about.  It was the same last week as well.  There appears to be no actual plan other than we'll press the other team.  When we have possession we're too slow and not much different from last season quite honestly.  Plenty of long balls over the top because we don't know what else to do with it and no creativity anywhere in the side.  Wing isn't a creative player, he's a player you want on the ball in and around the area because he'll score goals.  Clayton and McNair clearly aren't creative players, they are just hard workers.  Fletcher isn't, Johnson isn't and Assombalonga isn't.  I have no idea what that team is built to do other than press when we don't have the ball and that's not enough or it's not enough for me anyway.  As soon as the press wasn't working in the second half we had absolutely nothing else to offer in the game other than hoping someone would make something happen.  I reckon Woodgate already has a lot of thinking to do because we are really lacking in some aspects of our game.  

I said during the game we don't have a Plan B for when we get tired from the high press and it's worrying.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I agree with you about the lack of creativity. Nearly all our chances came from their defenders giving the ball away due to the press. Just look at the second half when we were too tired to press and created pretty much nothing

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I said during the game we don't have a Plan B for when we get tired from the high press and it's worrying.

You're not wrong mate.  I think this transfer window has actually screwed us as much as some of the previous ones.  I hope I'm wrong and Woodgate is just struggling to get his ideas across for when we have possession and that.  We've basically just gone from one way of defending to another without addressing the other side of the game a great deal.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought some of the passing was okay in the first half, the press worked but I also felt like we drifted a lot because we conceded. I don't know, maybe because they let us back into the game and didn't really care much for our press anymore, and our side looked knackered too.

Britt didn't have a good game individually either. His control and hold-up play was a bit mediocre today, I've certainly seen some better games from him on that front.

Just now, BoroJake said:

In the cup i’d like to see coulson Lw and Bola LB and on the other side Browne and Dijksteel. I think that could be quite promising

Would like Tav to get a start too

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

In the cup i’d like to see coulson Lw and Bola LB and on the other side Browne and Dijksteel. I think that could be quite promising

I think that might be the way forward for us.

Good chance for tav to get game time in a 3 spot too, and Malley as I defo think Clayton's spot is still up for grabs.