oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

24 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just because something isn't said in public doesn't mean it hasn't been said, if you get me.

But homophobia isn't illigal is it as its just a state of mind, if you publicly display homophobia which causes offence then I believe that's when it can be acted on. 

So he hasn't publicly done it but said something in private? Then you have chose to make a private conversation public? 

Am I correct or putting 2 + 2 together and getting five? 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We are some distance away from being a good side.  Before anyone starts, I'm not posting for a reaction nor am I interested in getting into it with anyone. 

We are largely clueless with the ball in my opinion.  I want to watch a decent footballing side and it feels like it's never going to happen at this club.  Our chances today almost exclusively came from this high press stuff, which is fine, but it shouldn't be the sum total of what we're about.  It was the same last week as well.  There appears to be no actual plan other than we'll press the other team.  When we have possession we're too slow and not much different from last season quite honestly.  Plenty of long balls over the top because we don't know what else to do with it and no creativity anywhere in the side.  Wing isn't a creative player, he's a player you want on the ball in and around the area because he'll score goals.  Clayton and McNair clearly aren't creative players, they are just hard workers.  Fletcher isn't, Johnson isn't and Assombalonga isn't.  I have no idea what that team is built to do other than press when we don't have the ball and that's not enough or it's not enough for me anyway.  As soon as the press wasn't working in the second half we had absolutely nothing else to offer in the game other than hoping someone would make something happen.  I reckon Woodgate already has a lot of thinking to do because we are really lacking in some aspects of our game.  

Brilliant post! Wow we actually agree on something.....

Can we be friends?

Firstly that’s the most I have enjoyed a game in a long time, first half we played some brilliant stuff and should have probably been 3-0 up at half time. 

Bit concerning how much we fell away in the second half, we couldn’t cope with their change of system which is typical of an inexperienced coaching team, we don’t seem to have any sort of plan B either, didn’t like the fact we completely abandoned what we tried in the first half and just went completely route 1 when things weren’t coming off for us, which against their 2 CBs was never going to be effective.

side also doesn’t look fit enough to sustain that high press for a full game, don’t think the timing of the subs really helped this either.

we will be fine this season, we will pick up plenty of points against the bottom half sides, feel that against top 6 sides we just aren’t good enough to compete. 

Like what Woodgates doing, but the club has let him down badly in the window, Johnson and Fletcher just aren’t consistent enough to be our first choice wide players. Browne looks good but this is the highest level he has played at, completely unknown how he will perform over the season. 

One final point, Shotton is awful, there is no way we can play this system with him at the back

• Like 3

Sounds obvious but after Pulis, we need to get back to putting out our strongest team and not playing players out of position. It'll be interesting to see if Dijksteel is better at right back than Howson. 

We made a lot of chances first half but definitely tired second half. It's going to be a steep learning curve for Woody and hopefully we'll get a good win on Tuesday night.

17 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

But homophobia isn't illigal is it as its just a state of mind, if you publicly display homophobia which causes offence then I believe that's when it can be acted on. 

So he hasn't publicly done it but said something in private? Then you have chose to make a private conversation public? 

Am I correct or putting 2 + 2 together and getting five? 

The incident DZ mentions has been shared with mods and being dealt with.

• Like 2

Debating the validity of homophobia, *** hell. What is wrong with people?

Appreciate it being dealt with though, I certainly wouldn't want to be part of that existing on here. Let's hope this is the end of it.

• Like 7

Today was a game of 2 halves. I really enjoyed the 1st half we did well pressing and we probably should have gone in ahead. That was encouraging... then the 2nd half started

We looked a mess at times how we managed to be 2 vs 3 for their goal in the position we were in at the time was ridiculous. That's 2 goals in 2 games that are inexcusable. We lacked urgency in the last few minutes as well considering we needed a goal there was no rushing to restart set pieces and we were so narrow in the 2nd half. I think our left side got targeted a lot in the 2nd half basically due to I dont think Fletcher can do the defensive side of his job which saw Coulson exposed on his own. I would probably replace Fletcher with Bola in our next game. 

To finish on some positives though. First half I thought we looked a decent team, McNair had a great half as well. Johnson played pretty well but had nothing after half time. Shotton also for all his criticism did pretty well he still is poor on the ball and clearly not going to part of the "free flowing" football we are aiming for but I think defensively he did pretty well. It's still early days in the season so things can change but if in 6 games we are doing the same things wrong, alarm bells are going to start ringing.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Debating the validity of homophobia, *** hell. What is wrong with people?

Appreciate it being dealt with though, I certainly wouldn't want to be part of that existing on here. Let's hope this is the end of it.

It's still ok to call him a doyle though right? ?

He's not even gay anyway.  He said ages on here that he has some weird fetish for pans ?

I don't know what else some of you expected, we've given the job to someone with no managerial experience and very limited coaching experience. 

We are basically letting Woodgate learn on the job in the hope that one day he might turn out to being a good manager. 

It's going to be a struggle this season, anyone expecting anything different is living in dream world. 

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I don't know what else some of you expected, we've given the job to someone with no managerial experience and very limited coaching experience. 

We are basically letting Woodgate learn on the job in the hope that one day he might turn out to being a good manager. 

It's going to be a struggle this season, anyone expecting anything different is living in dream world. 

I think relative to the start of this season, I'm broadly okay with that. It's pretty much what I've expected. I'm quite surprised anyone expected much more than that but hey, each to their own.

Take it as a bigger slice, as this is happening because what's come before, I think that's where a lot will come and agree on now and perhaps have already had their say on.

Still, I think (or hope) that a lot will appreciate that what we tried to do today was much more positive than anything that's come in the 18 months prior. Football and the Boro are far too big a part of my life for me not to move on from the past and appreciate what we have in the present. I used to think Faris Haroun was a decent player though, so there you go.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Sarumite said:

The incident DZ mentions has been shared with mods and being dealt with.

Like I give a ***

Tell me, how did the mods deal with the poster who called me a   

W a n k e r

On the public forum - you've got your little favourites on here haven't you? 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the ball actually did come off Fletchers hand in that clip? Watch it closely and I’m sure it actually does hit his hand.