oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

40 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Anyway back to the football. I haven't watched the game back yet so these are just first impressions. Annoyingly due to being stuck in the collections queue for almost an hour, we missed the first 25 minutes, which was our most productive spell. 

I saw that queue before the game.  What was going on?  I figured something must be up with the ticket system?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I saw that queue before the game.  What was going on?  I figured something must be up with the ticket system?

From what a few people around us said, the printers had stopped working around 2pm. So the queue just built up from that point. What is annoying is that everyone in the queue had already shelled out their money and were simply waiting to pick the tickets up.

It would have been quicker to have not brought tickets in advance and simply brought them on the day, as those queues were tiny in comparison.

19 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

From what a few people around us said, the printers had stopped working around 2pm. So the queue just built up from that point. What is annoying is that everyone in the queue had already shelled out their money and were simply waiting to pick the tickets up.

It would have been quicker to have not brought tickets in advance and simply brought them on the day, as those queues were tiny in comparison.

It would be quicker to print your own tickets and if you haven't got a printer go to the library.

27 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

It would be quicker to print your own tickets and if you haven't got a printer go to the library.

Unfortunately I didn't have access to a printer and wasn't in the area long enough to pop to the Library. Normally I get my tickets posted down, so have never needed to collect them. 

Sorry took me so long to respond. So I was told yesterday that on Wednesday we had Elyounassi agreed and a youngster from Spurs also. Then on Thursday Woody was told SG had cancelled loan deals. Even with Shotton... his agent pulled him out of training and Woody wasnt even informed we accepted a bid. Only his wage demands scuppered that deal.

I see a long 2-3 years ahead especially as SG is trying to recoup as much money as he can... I have my own thoughts on why that is.

On to the game. Was very impressed in the first half.. but it also showed if we don't score when on top we are going to struggle. Second half we looked leggy and lost the battles. Our left side is a mess in my opinion. Coulson  positions show me he isn't a LB. Gets caught out too much for me but then also doesn't get the support from Fletch because he is always drifting Into the middle. Thought Paddy had an exceptional first half and think Howson is very underrated at RB.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thanks 1

Think Howson’s one of the first names on the team sheet to be honest, so if Dijksteel comes in at RB, will be interested to see who Howson comes in for in midfield. Not gonna leave Wing out, and McNairs been good last two games. Clayton? 

I think Howson may do well in Claytons position. He's quicker than Clayton, has a more forward thinking approach. Better and quicker passer of the ball too. His defensive side has improved since playing at right back too imo. The centre mid should be wing, mcnair and Howson. 

Also agree with SDS about Coulson. I mentioned on the Luton game that Coulson was getting ripped by Mcmanaman all the time with no support by Fletcher. Was the same yesterday. He's good going forward but defensively got alot to learn yet. I'd be interested to see Bola play a full 90 to see the difference. 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I see a long 2-3 years ahead especially as SG is trying to recoup as much money as he can... I have my own thoughts on why that is.

I honestly think Gibson is winding down now. Unless he has other intentions that we are not aware of. 

Oh yeah and another refereeing decision in the 2nd half.

From our POV in North, bang in the middle, we're pretty sure McNair had his shirt pulled and he was dragged to the ground in the area as the ball was cleared out of the box by Brentford. Was after the Brentford goal. Don't know if anyone saw that on the stream?

All round, referee was shocking. I know Woody has gone on about VAR in the aftermath of the game and you'd definitely think there would be reason to review a few things... I'm just not sure that referee would have overturned any of his calls in watching them back, he was that crap.

If it’s true that we’ve had deals agreed that SG takes it upon himself to pull, we’re in trouble. Woodgate is being set up to fail - wanting 4 more in, then 2, then one more - then has to say he’s happy with the squad. Yet Pulis gets a massive wage and money to spend on players we want out after a year. 

Maybe even more worrying is the damage it will do to our reputation with selling/PL clubs. They won’t want to be messed about - to have loan deals agreed and pulled at the last minute is bad form and very bad for business. 

Is SG getting ready to sell? 

I remember a good bit of defending from Brentford against Paddy (we were West Stand nearly level with the box area) and when Paddy went through the middle and got tripped resulting in the free kick on the edge of the box which Wing hit their wall once taken.

Did not see enough of direct through the middle stuff and we were more potent once Coulson was used but too late and not enough.