oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 0-1

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah and another refereeing decision in the 2nd half.

From our POV in North, bang in the middle, we're pretty sure McNair had his shirt pulled and he was dragged to the ground in the area as the ball was cleared out of the box by Brentford. Was after the Brentford goal. Don't know if anyone saw that on the stream?

All round, referee was shocking. I know Woody has gone on about VAR in the aftermath of the game and you'd definitely think there would be reason to review a few things... I'm just not sure that referee would have overturned any of his calls in watching them back, he was that crap.

Agree refereeing yesterday was really poor. So many big decisions wrong. Still think a referee should be asked to explain his decisions after a game.. if he admits he got it wrong it stops all of the ifs and buts.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

If it’s true that we’ve had deals agreed that SG takes it upon himself to pull, we’re in trouble. Woodgate is being set up to fail - wanting 4 more in, then 2, then one more - then has to say he’s happy with the squad. Yet Pulis gets a massive wage and money to spend on players we want out after a year. 

Maybe even more worrying is the damage it will do to our reputation with selling/PL clubs. They won’t want to be messed about - to have loan deals agreed and pulled at the last minute is bad form and very bad for business. 

Is SG getting ready to sell? 

Sell a club with as little debts as possible, try to make it look appealing, you would think so!

52 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think Howson may do well in Claytons position. He's quicker than Clayton, has a more forward thinking approach. Better and quicker passer of the ball too. His defensive side has improved since playing at right back too imo. The centre mid should be wing, mcnair and Howson. 

Also agree with SDS about Coulson. I mentioned on the Luton game that Coulson was getting ripped by Mcmanaman all the time with no support by Fletcher. Was the same yesterday. He's good going forward but defensively got alot to learn yet. I'd be interested to see Bola play a full 90 to see the difference. 

I honestly think Gibson is winding down now. Unless he has other intentions that we are not aware of. 

52 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think Howson may do well in Claytons position. He's quicker than Clayton, has a more forward thinking approach. Better and quicker passer of the ball too. His defensive side has improved since playing at right back too imo. The centre mid should be wing, mcnair and Howson. 

Also agree with SDS about Coulson. I mentioned on the Luton game that Coulson was getting ripped by Mcmanaman all the time with no support by Fletcher. Was the same yesterday. He's good going forward but defensively got alot to learn yet. I'd be interested to see Bola play a full 90 to see the difference. 

I honestly think Gibson is winding down now. Unless he has other intentions that we are not aware of. 

Bulkhaul is Based in Europe,so maybe its taking much of his time,just guessing mind

7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sell a club with as little debts as possible, try to make it look appealing, you would think so!

Can I point out we brought in 5 yes 5 new players...And 18 went out

11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Agree refereeing yesterday was really poor. So many big decisions wrong. Still think a referee should be asked to explain his decisions after a game.. if he admits he got it wrong it stops all of the ifs and buts.

Don't we have VAR or is that just Premier League at the moment?

24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah and another refereeing decision in the 2nd half.

From our POV in North, bang in the middle, we're pretty sure McNair had his shirt pulled and he was dragged to the ground in the area as the ball was cleared out of the box by Brentford. Was after the Brentford goal. Don't know if anyone saw that on the stream?

All round, referee was shocking. I know Woody has gone on about VAR in the aftermath of the game and you'd definitely think there would be reason to review a few things... I'm just not sure that referee would have overturned any of his calls in watching them back, he was that crap.

I was following the ball so I only caught it out of the corner of my eye.  I wasn't sure whether he'd been fouled or if the pair of them were going at it.

Howson for Clayton would be my first change and this is not a Clayton slagging post, I don't mind him as much as some but one thing he doesn't have is mobility.

I noticed a lot with the high press of Wing and McNair that if it failed Clayton was left exposed and his lack of mobility really stood out. 

Furious with what @Smoggydownsouth has said, as above, set Woody up to fail and sapped a huge portion on enthusiasm from the supporters. *** move.

Edited by Dan1234
6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Howson for Clayton would be my first change and this is not a Clayton shagging post, I don't mind him as much as some but one thing he doesn't have is mobility.

I noticed a lot with the high press of Wing and McNair that if it failed Clayton was left exposed and his lack of mobility really stood out. 

Furious with what @Smoggydownsouth has said, as above, set Woody up to fail and sapped a huge portion on enthusiasm from the supporters. *** move.

Easy there fella.

10 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Some of the players were great as previously mentioned but what was a real surprise was just how George Friend deliberately ignored some youngsters, sadly including my grandson. He was fully aware of them and once he stopped chatting to a couple pitch side he has been talking to for about 10 minutes he  looked over to the kids and then promptly walked down the tunnel when the players came off after the warm ups.

Was not impressed at all