• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

It's clear Woodgate has come in to be a yes man as if we got a manager like Jokanovic he wouldn't of stood for what happened on Wednesday to think we had the deals done to be pulled when Gibson had to sign them off is insane. 

2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Sorry took me so long to respond. So I was told yesterday that on Wednesday we had Elyounassi agreed and a youngster from Spurs also. Then on Thursday Woody was told SG had cancelled loan deals. Even with Shotton... his agent pulled him out of training and Woody wasnt even informed we accepted a bid. Only his wage demands scuppered that deal.

I see a long 2-3 years ahead especially as SG is trying to recoup as much money as he can... I have my own thoughts on why that is.

On to the game. Was very impressed in the first half.. but it also showed if we don't score when on top we are going to struggle. Second half we looked leggy and lost the battles. Our left side is a mess in my opinion. Coulson  positions show me he isn't a LB. Gets caught out too much for me but then also doesn't get the support from Fletch because he is always drifting Into the middle. Thought Paddy had an exceptional first half and think Howson is very underrated at RB.

Don't even know what to say about that, to be told we are getting two players in then for SG to veto the deal, what will Woody be thinking? and more so how long is Keane going to hang around if this is how we are now working. If SG had come out and said this is the state of play, we need to balance the books better and i can't subsidise the losses at the club anymore i think most fans would have took that and said fair enough, but to say that he was going to back the manager then veto deals at the last minute just undermines everyone involved.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Some of the players were great as previously mentioned but what was a real surprise was just how George Friend deliberately ignored some youngsters, sadly including my grandson. He was fully aware of them and once he stopped chatting to a couple pitch side he has been talking to for about 10 minutes he  looked over to the kids and then promptly walked down the tunnel when the players came off after the warm ups.

Was not impressed at all

Not Captain Wonderful as well ??

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Some of the players were great as previously mentioned but what was a real surprise was just how George Friend deliberately ignored some youngsters, sadly including my grandson. He was fully aware of them and once he stopped chatting to a couple pitch side he has been talking to for about 10 minutes he  looked over to the kids and then promptly walked down the tunnel when the players came off after the warm ups.

Was not impressed at all

I imagine if Clayts did it, you'd have lost your *** and let Teddy give them a piece of his mind! ?

1 hour ago, camsells9 said:

Wednesday we had Elyounassi agreed

This doesn't add up. The Norwegian journalist who broke that story did so on Thursday, and then very swiftly afterwards said Elyounoussi didn't want to come to us.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Probably get some pelters for this but I think Fletcher is our best finisher and should be given a chance at 9.

He is abit clumsy but when he gets a chance he normally puts it in the net like it was a great finish for the so called offside goal 

9 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Probably get some pelters for this but I think Fletcher is our best finisher and should be given a chance at 9.

He probably is, the problem then is that we would have a £15 million striker on the bench so we probably wouldn’t get as much for him when we sell him

11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I’m a big supporter of Britt but I agree with this. Yesterday Fletcher should have been moved to the centre and Britt taken off when the subs were made imo 

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeHavelock/status/1160498716572344320

this is the other disallowed goal for offside

Not even close. Such outrageously bad officiating yesterday. The annoying thing is the linesman is on the side with the player playing him on so there's absolutely no way he could think Fletch was offside there.

I said during the transfer window that we should cash in on Britt and give Fletcher a chance. 

Also, very disappointed if the comments about Gibson pulling the deals are true. Seems like a massive *** you to the fans who pay their hard earned money each week. I'm sure he has his reasons, but he cant have his cake and eat it. He cant on the one hand say we are going to back the manager (to sell tickets) and then not do it. 

Also regarding Friend, disappointing but understandable following a defeat. Hopefully it's out of character for him and he will he the heartbeat for the community sometime soon. 

• Like 1