• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Guys can we keep on track with the game, this has been awful reading, take it to PMs if you want to keep having personal digs at each other. 

I am being ganged up on by some members ignorance's. I will defend my honor as a man, I have made some valid points but people dont want to hear them. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Guys can we keep on track with the game, this has been awful reading, take it to PMs if you want to keep having personal digs at each other. 

Yep, where’s Red Rocket when we need her? She’d have nipped this in the bud, make no mistake.

She’s probably swanning around at a football match instead though. 

Dereliction of duty on her 3rd day as a mod. 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I agree with most of what you say mate. But by the same token it hardly smacks of team looking for promotion when we were unwilling to pay even loan fees for players that would have improved our team dramatically. We wont be anywhere near the top 6 if Fletcher and Johnson play 35+ games for us on the wing. 

I think Fletcher only looks good in the box outside of it his link ups decent but lacks the driving runs back and forward with the ball but you have Johnson the other side driving in and at people so it's a tandem a bit like Leeds have an inside playmaker one side and a workhorse winger the other. We need to see the system in a month to judge promotion prospects if we look naff then we probably should consider selling Britt to a desperate PL team in January honestly if it is a 'massive' overhaul required and it's clear in January then start the rebuild then if this season's a writeoff but it could be the other way and we're up there in January who knows.

One thing today did bring to light in an attacking sense is it's clear as day we're short an offensive option even off the bench it's Browne and Gestede that's at least 1 short. Tavernier could be an answer but has he got it in him to take the role on of playing high up the pitch and running direct? My opinion on Tav is decent pace, pass and move technical footballer not driving runner who commits defenders and will get 10 goals a season but my opinion on Marvin Johnson was apparently horribly wrong so who knows. 

1 minute ago, AdamBoro said:

I am being ganged up on by some members ignorance's. I will defend my honor as a man, I have made some valid points but people dont want to hear them. 

What are you, a *** knight of the realm now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The more I think about it the more I think we'll struggle for goals again

We have no real game changing players, we've got Wing who can produce a 25 yard strike or Britt who can pop up with a poachers goal

Where's our Gaston who could beat a player a put someone through, or our Tomlin/Traore who could beat a few players and score/create a xG chance, just haven't got that in Fletcher and Johnson we badly needed 1/2 quality attacking players in. I can accept mid table but exciting football in a transition season but mid table and no goals is worse than last year

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I shall digress tonight. Have a obligatory event for next 2 hours.

It's shocking the lie's/propaganda Gibson keeps churning out season after season.  Then the manager always gets the blame like in the premiership with Karanka he wanted singings in the January as all our rival's were strengthening but Gibson said no and got him Bamford+Gestede ?

8 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Talk about playing a passing game but soon as the backline gets the ball the frontline and midfield push right up the pitch and we launch it just like Pulis would've. No brains in midfield either.

Shotton, Coulson,Howson, Clayton and Johnson out.

Fry, Bola, Dijksteel, Tav and Browne in.

Agree with Shotton (and Clayton to an extent..), but Coulson, Howson and Johnson were class today. First half anyway (whole team was *** second half). Wanting to throw in all the new signings isn't the way. Theres a solid team to build around that played today with a few tweaks, but not all the players you mentioned (imo). Shotton can *** right off though.

I don't understand why Gibson won't just sell the club if he can't or won't be able to take us any further. He has done great things for us so far, but there will be a time when he has to sell or will his daughter inherit it all? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The more I think about it the more I think we'll struggle for goals again

We have no real game changing players, we've got Wing who can produce a 25 yard strike or Britt who can pop up with a poachers goal

Where's our Gaston who could beat a player a put someone through, or our Tomlin/Traore who could beat a few players and score/create a xG chance, just haven't got that in Fletcher and Johnson we badly needed 1/2 quality attacking players in. I can accept mid table but exciting football in a transition season but mid table and no goals is worse than last year

I was hoping Browne would be this kind of player. I know what you mean though it does sound like there is a lack of spark. If the short passing in midfield works out maybe that will save the need for an outstanding individual?

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

He doesn't have to sell we just need a recruitment team that isn't born in Boro 

I don't think it's 100% their fault really. It's gibbo that signs off the deals and if he ain't doing it for what ever reason then that's where the real issue lies.