Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah and another refereeing decision in the 2nd half.

From our POV in North, bang in the middle, we're pretty sure McNair had his shirt pulled and he was dragged to the ground in the area as the ball was cleared out of the box by Brentford. Was after the Brentford goal. Don't know if anyone saw that on the stream?

All round, referee was shocking. I know Woody has gone on about VAR in the aftermath of the game and you'd definitely think there would be reason to review a few things... I'm just not sure that referee would have overturned any of his calls in watching them back, he was that crap.

Agree refereeing yesterday was really poor. So many big decisions wrong. Still think a referee should be asked to explain his decisions after a game.. if he admits he got it wrong it stops all of the ifs and buts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  Welcome to BearSmog's first matchday thread of the 2019/2020 Championship season. I must warn you, if you are not a fan of GIFs I recommend you look away now, the opening post of t

Well talk about a day that had so much mixed emotions for a 6 year old lad attending his first Boro game. Whilst his dad waited to pay for the tickets I took Teddy into the club shop coming out £

Ok so before this game I genuinely thought we'd lose or draw which goes against our historically good home record and Brentford's awful away record but we did perform better than I thought we would.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

If it’s true that we’ve had deals agreed that SG takes it upon himself to pull, we’re in trouble. Woodgate is being set up to fail - wanting 4 more in, then 2, then one more - then has to say he’s happy with the squad. Yet Pulis gets a massive wage and money to spend on players we want out after a year. 

Maybe even more worrying is the damage it will do to our reputation with selling/PL clubs. They won’t want to be messed about - to have loan deals agreed and pulled at the last minute is bad form and very bad for business. 

Is SG getting ready to sell? 

Sell a club with as little debts as possible, try to make it look appealing, you would think so!

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think Howson may do well in Claytons position. He's quicker than Clayton, has a more forward thinking approach. Better and quicker passer of the ball too. His defensive side has improved since playing at right back too imo. The centre mid should be wing, mcnair and Howson. 

Also agree with SDS about Coulson. I mentioned on the Luton game that Coulson was getting ripped by Mcmanaman all the time with no support by Fletcher. Was the same yesterday. He's good going forward but defensively got alot to learn yet. I'd be interested to see Bola play a full 90 to see the difference. 

I honestly think Gibson is winding down now. Unless he has other intentions that we are not aware of. 

  

 

52 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think Howson may do well in Claytons position. He's quicker than Clayton, has a more forward thinking approach. Better and quicker passer of the ball too. His defensive side has improved since playing at right back too imo. The centre mid should be wing, mcnair and Howson. 

Also agree with SDS about Coulson. I mentioned on the Luton game that Coulson was getting ripped by Mcmanaman all the time with no support by Fletcher. Was the same yesterday. He's good going forward but defensively got alot to learn yet. I'd be interested to see Bola play a full 90 to see the difference. 

I honestly think Gibson is winding down now. Unless he has other intentions that we are not aware of. 

  

Bulkhaul is Based in Europe,so maybe its taking much of his time,just guessing mind

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sell a club with as little debts as possible, try to make it look appealing, you would think so!

Can I point out we brought in 5 yes 5 new players...And 18 went out

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Agree refereeing yesterday was really poor. So many big decisions wrong. Still think a referee should be asked to explain his decisions after a game.. if he admits he got it wrong it stops all of the ifs and buts.

Don't we have VAR or is that just Premier League at the moment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah and another refereeing decision in the 2nd half.

From our POV in North, bang in the middle, we're pretty sure McNair had his shirt pulled and he was dragged to the ground in the area as the ball was cleared out of the box by Brentford. Was after the Brentford goal. Don't know if anyone saw that on the stream?

All round, referee was shocking. I know Woody has gone on about VAR in the aftermath of the game and you'd definitely think there would be reason to review a few things... I'm just not sure that referee would have overturned any of his calls in watching them back, he was that crap.

I was following the ball so I only caught it out of the corner of my eye.  I wasn't sure whether he'd been fouled or if the pair of them were going at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howson for Clayton would be my first change and this is not a Clayton slagging post, I don't mind him as much as some but one thing he doesn't have is mobility.

I noticed a lot with the high press of Wing and McNair that if it failed Clayton was left exposed and his lack of mobility really stood out. 

Furious with what @Smoggydownsouth has said, as above, set Woody up to fail and sapped a huge portion on enthusiasm from the supporters. *** move.

Edited by Dan1234
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Howson for Clayton would be my first change and this is not a Clayton shagging post, I don't mind him as much as some but one thing he doesn't have is mobility.

I noticed a lot with the high press of Wing and McNair that if it failed Clayton was left exposed and his lack of mobility really stood out. 

Furious with what @Smoggydownsouth has said, as above, set Woody up to fail and sapped a huge portion on enthusiasm from the supporters. *** move.

Easy there fella.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, northern boro said:

 

Some of the players were great as previously mentioned but what was a real surprise was just how George Friend deliberately ignored some youngsters, sadly including my grandson. He was fully aware of them and once he stopped chatting to a couple pitch side he has been talking to for about 10 minutes he  looked over to the kids and then promptly walked down the tunnel when the players came off after the warm ups.

Was not impressed at all

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Latest Posts

    • imo, anyone who criticises Marcus T either doesn't see us playing very often or doesn't have a particularly good understanding of the game. Not meaning to sound harsh, but his contribution to the team is very clear to see. He's not perfect by any means, but then not many players are, especially at this level. If you're just simply looking for players to criticise then there are usually about 8 or 9 players you should start with before Mr T each game  
    • I honestly believe a full season under Wilder in the LCM role would show everyone just how good he is. I think if you took him out of our midfield you'd see how bad and unbalanced it is. McGree and Crooks won't work because neither of them cover enough ground or do the defensive side of the game.  Howson I love but let's be honest he's not a traditional out and out CDM. He losses the ball too often in bad positions and his positioning for CDM can be quite poor. He brings commitment, energy and workrate though.  For me in midfield we need a LWB, CDM and an RCM. I would drop Crooks to the bench or move him on. I know that he's scored ten goals this season but I believe we can sign players that more suit Wilders system with energy, pressing and intensity. I would keep him for the bench but personally would look to replace him in the starting team. Tavernier was in the Top 10 for both Key Passes and Tackles Won. He was ranked 3rd for passes in the final third. He's expected goals and assists combined for this season was 15. I could see him getting 15-20 goal contributions in a full season under Wilder. He had 10 this season and has shown real signs of improvement. He does a lot more than what people realise for the team.  Tavernier was given corners because he was the only real left-footed option in the team. I do agree though that most of his deliveries were relatively poor considering he's our designated corner kick tacker they didn't look practiced.
    • Wouldn't call it interesting personally (i.e. not sure what there is to draw from it), think it just reinforces the club are happy they moved on from him. I can't remember the last time they did a season long goals montage so I could be wrong but it feels like this alone is a little out of the ordinary and perhaps only put together because Wilder is at the helm. I think the club is just continuing to want to push Wilder and positivity around him, that's how they approached the Season Card campaign too. It's not necessarily wanting to reflect on the season just gone as a whole but more to give an idea of what's to come.
    • I don't think corner taking ability is really something that pushes someone over that £10m threshold. He can be both one of our better corner takers, and still not be a particularly good corner taker, but that really feels like grasping at straws for something to still criticise him with. 
    • For what it’s worth with Tav, I genuinely think he would flourish as a left wing back, and simplified his game.  Tav travels well with the ball, is energetic and I can’t fault his work ethic at all. He always puts a shift in. But I just think he could use it so much better than he is currently doing from watching him this season. I still think he has some work to do in the final third, which ironically was where we struggled most to break teams down. I just don’t think he’s there yet and I don’t think he does a job which an additional player in midfielder couldn’t do (he’s replaceable).   For a player who takes corners, you’d expect better delivery on a more consistent basis for him to be worth 10m + which some are quoting on various platforms.    I realise that Tav is very polarised on the opinion poll. Like I say, I don’t hate him and think he’s ‘bad’, he’s just not consistent enough yet to be deemed as integral to how we play in midfield in my view  

×
×
  • Create New...