Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Brentford 0-1

Recommended Posts

On 8/11/2019 at 12:27 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

From what a few people around us said, the printers had stopped working around 2pm. So the queue just built up from that point. What is annoying is that everyone in the queue had already shelled out their money and were simply waiting to pick the tickets up.

It would have been quicker to have not brought tickets in advance and simply brought them on the day, as those queues were tiny in comparison.

Apparently the tickets awaiting collection were already printed and in an envelope so that can't have been down to an issue with the printers, at least not for you?  The issue seems to be that everyone had to queue in the same place because the collection booth has been removed so the people collecting tickets and people buying tickets were all having to go to the same ticket office.  The new ticket office manager earning their money straight away ?‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Apparently the tickets awaiting collection were already printed and in an envelope so that can't have been down to an issue with the printers, at least not for you?  The issue seems to be that everyone had to queue in the same place because the collection booth has been removed so the people collecting tickets and people buying tickets were all having to go to the same ticket office.  The new ticket office manager earning their money straight away ?‍♂️

Wow, like nobody could have foreseen that would be a problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Apparently the tickets awaiting collection were already printed and in an envelope so that can't have been down to an issue with the printers, at least not for you?  The issue seems to be that everyone had to queue in the same place because the collection booth has been removed so the people collecting tickets and people buying tickets were all having to go to the same ticket office.  The new ticket office manager earning their money straight away ?‍♂️

Was that because of that new Fan Zone thing? Absolutely incredible. Must be a Gibson signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it really not possible to use your smartphone and have your tickets scanned or do you have to print them? Do you get them delivered by carrier pigeons too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is it really not possible to use your smartphone and have your tickets scanned or do you have to print them? Do you get them delivered by carrier pigeons too?

The turnstiles have ticket scanners which may not fit a phone in, the scanner inside may not be capable of scanning on a phone too. So yeah, for now, paper tickets or season cards only.

What might be a better idea is to have a card that isn't a season card, just a cheap membership card which keeps track of your ability to attend each match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The issue seems to be that everyone had to queue in the same place because the collection booth has been removed so the people collecting tickets and people buying tickets were all having to go to the same ticket office.  The new ticket office manager earning their money straight away ?‍♂️

The queue at the North Stand was only for collections. People buying tickets were directed to the main ticket office by the stewards. So that entire queue was for people who were simply collecting tickets that had already been brought. That's only what I saw and heard, no-one in the queue I was in was buying tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Is it really not possible to use your smartphone and have your tickets scanned or do you have to print them? Do you get them delivered by carrier pigeons too?

The turnstiles have ticket scanners which may not fit a phone in, the scanner inside may not be capable of scanning on a phone too. So yeah, for now, paper tickets or season cards only.

What might be a better idea is to have a card that isn't a season card, just a cheap membership card which keeps track of your ability to attend each match.

In my opinion the ticket scanners at the turnstiles could easily fit most phones in. I think it's as you more to do with the scanner not being able to pick up barcodes from a phone screen.

For a multi-million pound industry, I'm very surprised we can't implent a system where tickets are emailed and you can scan them directly from the phone. Saves on queues for collections and think of all the paper/card that would be saved too.

To print the tickets at home, they email you the pdf for you to open and print. Sure they can invest in new ticket scanners to read phone screens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In my opinion the ticket scanners at the turnstiles could easily fit most phones in. I think it's as you more to do with the scanner not being able to pick up barcodes from a phone screen.

For a multi-million pound industry, I'm very surprised we can't implent a system where tickets are emailed and you can scan them directly from the phone. Saves on queues for collections and think of all the paper/card that would be saved too.

To print the tickets at home, they email you the pdf for you to open and print. Sure they can invest in new ticket scanners to read phone screens?

Could just make it a QR scanner and every ticket has a QR code. Shouldn't be a problem. My season ticket here in Denmark on my phone has a QR code and that's what I use. Mind you we have volounteers with handheld scanners instead of automatic turnstiles, but it should be the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Could just make it a QR scanner and every ticket has a QR code. Shouldn't be a problem. My season ticket here in Denmark on my phone has a QR code and that's what I use. Mind you we have volounteers with handheld scanners instead of automatic turnstiles, but it should be the same.

The tickets at the weekend were using a QR code I believe rather than a barcode like last year. So the scanners must be capable now just simply can't fit the phone in the slot...

 

*Edit - Yep just checked the one I got for my Uncle and it was a QR Code. 

Capture.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the relevant person at the club to speak to to report racist abuse at the game on Saturday? Or is this purely a police matter and I should contact them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I hope this isn't about me making fun of Danish people ?

 

Cos they all deserve it.

Uuuuuh, burn. That'll teach us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will said:

Thanks, couldn’t find it when I looked on Saturday.

You could have just reported it to a steward, assuming it was during the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...