oneBoro Forum

Our club, our love and our future

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who is ITK or not).

Transfer window was exactly what i had been expecting after the information i had received, however what annoys me about the whole situation is the constant lies and same mistakes over the past 6 weeks transfer windows (baring 1 window under Monk).

In Woodgate's press conference Gibson was asked directly if the club were 'skint' which he denied and said he would back the manager like he has done every other manager - totally ***.

Woodgate was given the job over other managers because he was the only who agreed to let the recruitment team to take charge of transfers and he would only receive 50% of whatever we received in terms of outgoing transfers. 

Gibson wanted a yes man and unfortunately Woodgate was the only manager willing to let that happen because it was something too big of an opportunity to turn down for obvious reasons.

We all knew we had to balance the books because of past mistakes and staff, players on big salaries and no parachute payments. 

I dont think we have a bad squad and it was vital that we kept Wing, Fry, Britt and Randolph however they have all been informed that we will be looking to shift them on January/Next summer if we fail to win promotion as we need to balance the books even further.

We have saved over 200k per week on wages alone from last season.

Woodgates philosophy is going to be really exciting to watch, but unless a miracle happens then unfortunately selling assets is a sign of things to come and using academy players.

Personally i think we we were only 1 short of a really good transfer window and getting in an attacking player with pace which we have been crying out for years.

Ryan Kent was the number 1 target but we borked at the asking price.

The club is completely broke and i just hope that Woodgate doesnt get drawn into Gibson's constantly lying to the fans.

Love him or hate him, Pulis was extremely honest in his press conferences with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gibson's name will still get sang around the stadium because of past history by the rose tinted glass fans.

Forget about him being a business man for a second. For a guy who loves the club as much as he says he does, he is ripping off the paying customer with his dishonesty and same mistakes.

Before blaming recruitment team - please think who is paying and hiring the same recruitment team as the past 6 transfer windows.

We all have different opinions on what is happening at the club and we all have disagreements because of the love we have for OUR club. 

No matter what i personally think of Gibson i will always pay my money to see the club i love as we all will.

UTFB (I cant wait to get criticised by certain posters as normal for this post and opinion)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Facts are that you got loads of stuff right. I also know for a FACT that Pulis tried to get Britt out to Cardiff for Madine plus cash. Club blocked it. Came from a head scout that one

Braithwaite got shipped out?  Braithwaite wanted out and he made it absolutely clear why he wanted out in fairness to him, not that it makes it ok. Yeah the club blocked us from selling Assombalo

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who

Good to have you back. To be honest I'm not too surprised with a lot of what you have said and I suppose I expected that being the case if we failed to go up this season. 

That said I dont know why Gibson denied it so adamantly in the press conference to the point he seemed annoyed plus his praise of Pulis saying how healthy a position he left us in. He could have just said something like the club need to restructure after the loss of parachute payments which I think is better than how he responded to it.

But as you say for all the success he has brought us the buck stops with him with decisions on appointments and recruitment. I didnt think we would find ourselves in this situation 3 years after being in the premier league. Also i feel his reluctance to bring investment is in a way admirable but also costing us as we are struggling to compete with our championship rivals on a financial footing.

That said I havent written off promotion or talk of it as we generally have and have kept the core of the squad that missed out on the play offs by a point. 

• Like 2

FWIW I'm one of the active members he's been passing info onto - I knew that if it came from him directly it would likely be rubbished or laughed at.

It was never my intention to deceive anyone, it was quite fun "being" an ITKer for a bit though :)

41 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who is ITK or not).

Transfer window was exactly what i had been expecting after the information i had received, however what annoys me about the whole situation is the constant lies and same mistakes over the past 6 weeks transfer windows (baring 1 window under Monk).

In Woodgate's press conference Gibson was asked directly if the club were 'skint' which he denied and said he would back the manager like he has done every other manager - totally ***.

Woodgate was given the job over other managers because he was the only who agreed to let the recruitment team to take charge of transfers and he would only receive 50% of whatever we received in terms of outgoing transfers. 

Gibson wanted a yes man and unfortunately Woodgate was the only manager willing to let that happen because it was something too big of an opportunity to turn down for obvious reasons.

We all knew we had to balance the books because of past mistakes and staff, players on big salaries and no parachute payments. 

I dont think we have a bad squad and it was vital that we kept Wing, Fry, Britt and Randolph however they have all been informed that we will be looking to shift them on January/Next summer if we fail to win promotion as we need to balance the books even further.

We have saved over 200k per week on wages alone from last season.

Woodgates philosophy is going to be really exciting to watch, but unless a miracle happens then unfortunately selling assets is a sign of things to come and using academy players.

Personally i think we we were only 1 short of a really good transfer window and getting in an attacking player with pace which we have been crying out for years.

Ryan Kent was the number 1 target but we borked at the asking price.

The club is completely broke and i just hope that Woodgate doesnt get drawn into Gibson's constantly lying to the fans.

Love him or hate him, Pulis was extremely honest in his press conferences with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gibson's name will still get sang around the stadium because of past history by the rose tinted glass fans.

Forget about him being a business man for a second. For a guy who loves the club as much as he says he does, he is ripping off the paying customer with his dishonesty and same mistakes.

Before blaming recruitment team - please think who is paying and hiring the same recruitment team as the past 6 transfer windows.

We all have different opinions on what is happening at the club and we all have disagreements because of the love we have for OUR club. 

No matter what i personally think of Gibson i will always pay my money to see the club i love as we all will.

UTFB (I cant wait to get criticised by certain posters as normal for this post and opinion)

Glad to see you back, I think you're spot on  about Gibson - he conveniently comes out with empty promises around renewal dates and spoon feeds the fans crap they want to hear. 

He didn't even save the club - a Polish envelope manufacturer did,  how did Gibson Repay him? Threw him off the board. 

I felt he treat Southgate appallingly and have gradually lost faith in him since.  I look at the Jan prem window when AK had 4 players he needed to have a chance of staying up and who did he get?  Gestede, Bamford and Guardiloa - everything goes back to Gibson. 

My close friend was close to Gibson for ten years, went to his mother's birthday party and his opinion is this "he's a good businessman but as a human being he's an absolute ***" 

Never bothered bringing it up before as I get enough stick myself and yes the rose coloured glasses brigade will be swinging their bras in the air for me daring to criticise the messiah but thought I'd join you in the trenches. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Glad to see you back, I think you're spot on  about Gibson - he conveniently comes out with empty promises around renewal dates and spoon feeds the fans crap they want to hear. 

He didn't even save the club - a Polish envelope manufacturer did,  how did Gibson Repay him? Threw him off the board. 

I felt he treat Southgate appallingly and have gradually lost faith in him since.  I look at the Jan prem window when AK had 4 players he needed to have a chance of staying up and who did he get?  Gestede, Bamford and Guardiloa - everything goes back to Gibson. 

My close friend was close to Gibson for ten years, went to his mother's birthday party and his opinion is this "he's a good businessman but as a human being he's an absolute ***" 

Never bothered bringing it up before as I get enough stick myself and yes the rose coloured glasses brigade will be swinging their bras in the air for me daring to criticise the messiah but thought I'd join you in the trenches. 

Always said this about Gibson - You don't get to where he is in life without being a horrible human being and crushing your opposition.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Always said this about Gibson - You don't get to where he is in life without being a horrible human being and crushing your opposition.

Agreed, although we don't agree on a lot of things I think we've always been in the same corner on this one - maybe Pulis too. 

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Why do you think he stopped posting?

In my humble opinion Denzel I feel you have taken Wills reply in the wrong way.

I get the impression that he would have been ok with your brother stating the info directly.

I would have been.

Anyway all over now and mummy's kissed it better:classic_biggrin: 

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Of course you do. You don't have to be a horrible man to be succesful. My father works for one of the most succesful self made men in Denmark who is vastly more rich than Gibson and there isn't a single bad thing to say about him from anyone. They don't all have to be Donald Trumps.

• Like 2

Anyway I think this is a good time for all supporters to rally round the Manager and the team, maybe not everything else related to MFC but at this time those who do the talking on the pitch.

Let's see how things pan out, one thing for sure the complaints of the previous playing regime have gone, new day and for the moment a bright tomorrow.

This is MFC a lot of us are used to it but they are OUR club warts and all

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Why do you think he stopped posting?

it would appear he's quite a sensitive soul, so I imagine it's probably because someone didn't take his word as gospel.

5 minutes ago, Will said:

it would appear he's quite a sensitive soul, so I imagine it's probably because someone didn't take his word as gospel.

Trust me the last thing he could be described as is "a sensitive soul".

No offence, bro!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Will said:

I stand corrected:classic_ohmy:

No pun intended can we stop the little digs please