oneBoro Forum

Our club, our love and our future

I get traumatised by criticism - On a serious note, it doesn't bother me what people believe or don't believe as we are all entitled to have opinions and questions people posts.

However i find it very immature and unnecessarily when certain posters directly target a certain poster no matter what they say.

I've seen this happen to me, my brother, Randy, Kingboro plus a few more. We all got targeted by certain posters no matter what we said and it gets to the point where it goes too far imo.

'it would appear he's quite a sensitive soul' could be seen as banter or it could be seen as bait seen as you don't directly know the person.

I having nothing against you or you question my posts btw but dont call someone out to be liar and take the **** when you dont know the poster personally.

• Like 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Facts are that you got loads of stuff right. I also know for a FACT that Pulis tried to get Britt out to Cardiff for Madine plus cash. Club blocked it. Came from a head scout that one

Braithwaite got shipped out?  Braithwaite wanted out and he made it absolutely clear why he wanted out in fairness to him, not that it makes it ok. Yeah the club blocked us from selling Assombalo

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

We all knew we had to balance the books because of past mistakes and staff, players on big salaries and no parachute payments.

You could see a drastic change was coming purely due to this. 

Good to have you back. The more the merrier.

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I stand corrected:classic_ohmy:

No pun intended can we stop the little digs please

Where's the dig?

It's not like diggerlad was hounded off the forum before, his information was questioned as everyone's is and he didn't like it. If he's back and contributing regularly again that's great, but I'm not going to not question things that either sound wrong or I'm interested to know more about for fear of someone leaving the forum.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Glad to see you back, I think you're spot on  about Gibson - he conveniently comes out with empty promises around renewal dates and spoon feeds the fans crap they want to hear. 

He didn't even save the club - a Polish envelope manufacturer did,  how did Gibson Repay him? Threw him off the board. 

I felt he treat Southgate appallingly and have gradually lost faith in him since.  I look at the Jan prem window when AK had 4 players he needed to have a chance of staying up and who did he get?  Gestede, Bamford and Guardiloa - everything goes back to Gibson. 

My close friend was close to Gibson for ten years, went to his mother's birthday party and his opinion is this "he's a good businessman but as a human being he's an absolute ***" 

Never bothered bringing it up before as I get enough stick myself and yes the rose coloured glasses brigade will be swinging their bras in the air for me daring to criticise the messiah but thought I'd join you in the trenches. 

Randy,

I quite enjoy reading your posts to be honest. 

You have opinions which are crucial for the forum and i appreciate reading whoever posts what they know or have encountered over the years.

I just believe Gibson gets away scotch free from criticism from the fans because of his past history, when in actual fact he is the reason why we are in the position today,

A certain club's owners down the road gets ridiculed for exact the same thing that is happening to our club but yet we still sing that he is king - not for me anymore.

• Like 1

I think we all need to start being more realistic about our club.

We had a moment back in the 90s when football wasn’t yet the moneyball it is now. We were up there mixing it with the best, both on the field but also on the transfer market. 

We can’t currently hope of competing in the same way and need to change the way we do things. 

Gibson may not be 100% transparent but I think we’ve been lucky to have him over the past 30 or so years. 

I can understand we’ll end up selling some of our assets if things don’t go well - football is no longer a game, it’s business. We just have to hope we can build a team that’s better than the sum of its parts. I personally think Woody can do it, he’s shown his passion and desire and the way the players celebrate with him after we scored against Luton he seems to have the dressing room. 

Whether we have Gibson or another chairman it doesn’t really matter. Let’s just stay behind the team.

• Like 2

I mean it's debatable but you could argue that us signing the likes of Ravanelli, Juninho and Emerson back in '96 was the catalyst for big foreign imports and the rise of big money transfers (and clubs getting into financial difficulty because of it.)

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Randy,

I quite enjoy reading your posts to be honest. 

You have opinions which are crucial for the forum and i appreciate reading whoever posts what they know or have encountered over the years.

I just believe Gibson gets away scotch free from criticism from the fans because of his past history, when in actual fact he is the reason why we are in the position today,

A certain club's owners down the road gets ridiculed for exact the same thing that is happening to our club but yet we still sing that he is king - not for me anymore.

Gibson definitely does and has avoided a lot of criticism due to his past history etc. 

I do think in the past 2/3 years though that fans have started to become more aware that the club isn’t being ran well behind the scenes and hasn’t been for year after year. Due to this, the finger can only be pointed at one man.

I still think Gibson is a good chairman in the grand scheme of things, and in no way am I wanting him out from the club anytime soon. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Of course you do. You don't have to be a horrible man to be succesful. My father works for one of the most succesful self made men in Denmark who is vastly more rich than Gibson and there isn't a single bad thing to say about him from anyone. They don't all have to be Donald Trumps.

In fairness I think your culture is different to ours for a starter - also I think living in Denmark you're probably less likely to hear something bad about Gibson than people like some of us who come from the same town or nearby to him and know people who know him and believe me, my freind and others gain absolutely nothing from making anything up about Gibson. 

The rumblings about him near home are much louder than on your shores I'm afraid. 

Edited by Randy Sandwich
5 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

In fairness I think your culture is different to ours for a starter - also I think living in Denmark you're probably less likely to hear something bad about Gibson than people like some of us who come from the same town or nearby to him and know people who know him and believe me, my freind and others gain absolutely nothing from making anything up about Gibson. 

The rumblings about him near home are much louder than on your shores I'm afraid. 

I was just answering DZs claim that you can't be a succesful business man without being a horrible human being.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I was just answering DZs claim that you can't be a succesful business man without being a horrible human being.

he may have been a bit specific in what he said but a rule of thumb is nice people usually come last and you do generally have to be very ruthless to be a successful businessman and usually that type of character trait would hardly make you a great humanitarian 

Edited by Randy Sandwich

it is what it is....

regardless of Gibson's f ups, best intentions etc. we all knew from the noises Pulis made that the club was skint, the fact that the club paid  sorry over paid a dinosaur who took a cut allegedly to trim the outgoings seems somewhat ironic.

However tomorrow is another day, 3 pts and a good performance will go a long way to change peoples mind-sets from half empty to half full. I'm excited for the future and hope the austerity will only last until the finances are in order, be that January or May regardless of promotion. Will we loose Britt in January who knows but if we're in a good position I feel we'll keep him if he's on fire then he may move on, either way it is what it is...

Honestly, I'd still rather Gibson in charge than even consider the prospect of another owner. I think there are enough examples in the English game of owners who don't care about the business they're investing into. Steve Gibson does, that's why as much as he may well continue making mistakes, we'll still likely have a club at the end of it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I get traumatised by criticism - On a serious note, it doesn't bother me what people believe or don't believe as we are all entitled to have opinions and questions people posts.

However i find it very immature and unnecessarily when certain posters directly target a certain poster no matter what they say.

I've seen this happen to me, my brother, Randy, Kingboro plus a few more. We all got targeted by certain posters no matter what we said and it gets to the point where it goes too far imo.

'it would appear he's quite a sensitive soul' could be seen as banter or it could be seen as bait seen as you don't directly know the person.

I having nothing against you or you question my posts btw but dont call someone out to be liar and take the **** when you dont know the poster personally.

You claimed that Pulis wanted rid of Assombalonga because he is/was a trouble causer.  You also said that Pulis wasn't playing Tavernier because he was part of the trouble causing group.  That was *** and people said they thought you were wrong and then you disappeared. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You claimed that Pulis wanted rid of Assombalonga because he is/was a trouble causer.  You also said that Pulis wasn't playing Tavernier because he was part of the trouble causing group.  That was *** and people said they thought you were wrong and then you disappeared. 

Whats your point?

That is all true

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Thank you for having a better memory than me, I knew it wasn't something where he was chased off the forum.

• Like 1