oneBoro Forum

Our club, our love and our future

The club is broke and Gibson still deserves his name sang because he will always do his best for us.

The transfer window IMO was a success. Did we *** money up the wall? No.. And I like every signing we've made - how often can you say that? It appears to me that a lot of troubled positions were filled RB LB RW.

Do we have a squad capable of top 4? Probably not.. but top 8 should definitely be the target and the ride there should be exciting.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Facts are that you got loads of stuff right. I also know for a FACT that Pulis tried to get Britt out to Cardiff for Madine plus cash. Club blocked it. Came from a head scout that one

Braithwaite got shipped out?  Braithwaite wanted out and he made it absolutely clear why he wanted out in fairness to him, not that it makes it ok. Yeah the club blocked us from selling Assombalo

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Explains why you always stick up for each now.

if will is Britt's  best mate then he will also know the truth deep down as much as I do.

But maybe you don't know the truth.  You know what you've been told, which as far as I can see now seems to be that Pulis criticised them publicly and they didn't like it?  Tavernier wasn't in the side long before that Brentford game.  He was straight out of the picture when we signed Besic and Saville before the loan window closed.  If you remember, Wing was also out of the picture for about three months as well at the same time.  Was Wing a trouble causer?  Of course he bloody wasn't.  Pulis brought in the players he wanted and they were in the side at the expense of others.

Pulis had a knack of blaming everything on whatever had gone before him.  Hugill never received the same level of criticism that Assombalonga did, despite being consistently worse than him.  Why do you think that was?   The club blocked Pulis trying to sell him - if he was a trouble causer then why would they do this?  They were quite happy to try and get rid of Braithwaite if it could be done but not Assombalonga.  Why would he still be here now as it's not like we couldn't use the money and savings on his wages?  Pulis wanted a different kind of striker, which is perfectly fine, but what isn't fine is criticising a player for not being that type of player when he simply isn't.  It was the same nonsense with Bamford as well, whatever people think of him.  It's quite telling that the players the club were actively looking to shift in the summer were those signed under Pulis - Flint, McNair and Saville.  I doubt they are trouble causers either, just not the players we want here.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

@diggerlad07  @nunthorpered @Smoggydownsouth @Lurker and @Raf smog and all the other ITK posters.

I actually find  the ITK stuff you all share on this forum very interesting.

Whether we choose to believe it, as you all say, is a matter for us. 

However, please feel free to carry on sharing it as it gives us all a possible insight in to our club which we otherwise would not get.

I accept some posters might argue with you over the stuff you ITK posters share but I feel the vast majority appreciate the info like me thus hope any negative responses you get to your posts does not put you off from posting.

No problem.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But maybe you don't know the truth.  You know what you've been told, which as far as I can see now seems to be that Pulis criticised them publicly and they didn't like it?  Tavernier wasn't in the side long before that Brentford game.  He was straight out of the picture when we signed Besic and Saville before the loan window closed.  If you remember, Wing was also out of the picture for about three months as well at the same time.  Was Wing a trouble causer?  Of course he bloody wasn't.  Pulis brought in the players he wanted and they were in the side at the expense of others.

Pulis had a knack of blaming everything on whatever had gone before him.  Hugill never received the same level of criticism that Assombalonga did, despite being consistently worse than him.  Why do you think that was?   The club blocked Pulis trying to sell him - if he was a trouble causer then why would they do this?  They were quite happy to try and get rid of Braithwaite if it could be done but not Assombalonga.  Why would he still be here now as it's not like we couldn't use the money and savings on his wages?  Pulis wanted a different kind of striker, which is perfectly fine, but what isn't fine is criticising a player for not being that type of player when he simply isn't.  It was the same nonsense with Bamford as well, whatever people think of him.  It's quite telling that the players the club were actively looking to shift in the summer were those signed under Pulis - Flint, McNair and Saville.  I doubt they are trouble causers either, just not the players we want here.

You know what you have been told and I doubt someone who was causing trouble would admit it to friends do you?

A senior player was more than happy to tell me and friends what was happening and who the root cause of the problems was.

I don't know why he was sold but I could only presume that Gibson didn't want to sell an asset when there was a chance of promotion at the time?

Maybe uproar if we sold Britt, Bamford, Gibson, Adam and co over a short period of time.

I think we should continue this in private messages as I don't want to continue bickering to clog up everyone's feed. (That would be hypocritical of me seen as I stopped posting for that reason).

Just for the record, im not calling you out either. Am simply passing on what me and quite a few people know or was told.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

If Britt played a part in getting Pulis out of the club we should start a gofundme and get a statue of him built outside the stadium. 

He didn't.  Gibson offered Pulis the job before Woodgate according to DZ.  Pulis turned it down as it would have meant a sizeable drop in wages apparently.  Today, Woodgate was given the job because Gibson wanted a yes man who would let other people do all the recruitment and that.  That doesn't sound like Pulis to me so it seems strange that we'd offer him it first.  You'd assume that one of those two things is incorrect as they seem to contradict each other but it's all from the same source.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

You know what you have been told and I doubt someone who was causing trouble would admit it to friends do you?

A senior player was more than happy to tell me and friends what was happening and who the root cause of the problems was.

I don't know why he was sold but I could only presume that Gibson didn't want to sell an asset when there was a chance of promotion at the time?

Maybe uproar if we sold Britt, Bamford, Gibson, Adam and co over a short period of time.

I think we should continue this in private messages as I don't want to continue bickering to clog up everyone's feed. (That would be hypocritical of me seen as I stopped posting for that reason).

Just for the record, im not calling you out either. Am simply passing on what me and quite a few people know or was told.

I know it came from a player, I'm just saying that's it's not true.  I don't need to continue anything bud, I've said my piece and I'm comfortable with what I believe.  The root cause of the 'problems' was Pulis.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know it came from a player, I'm just saying that's it's not true.  I don't need to continue anything bud, I've said my piece and I'm comfortable with what I believe.  The root cause of the 'problems' was Pulis.

How can you be so certain it's not true?

Lol your last post makes you sound like a 5 year old sticking their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalalala i can't hear you" because it's not what you want to hear

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

How can you be so certain it's not true?

Lol your last post makes you sound like a 5 year old sticking their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalalala i can't hear you" because it's not what you want to hear

Why, because I don't want to PM your brother?  He doesn't need to PM me because he's explained himself fully and I have no doubt that he's relayed the information as it was told to him in good faith.  I just believe the truth to be something different.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why, because I don't want to PM your brother?  He doesn't need to PM me because he's explained himself fully and I have no doubt that he's relayed the information as it was told to him in good faith.  I just believe the truth to be something different.

No, because you're so adamant that it's not true yet you don't want to explain why. It's almost as if the only person you're trying to convince is yourself. 

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Leave Tony alone you bully ?

I don't care if Britt was causing issues, I imagine they were constructed criticism of the dinosaur, he is still here and pulis ain't . Pulis is a *** cock and I am glad that he has *** off.  Worst manager since Strachen if not worse.  Claims he left us in a better place financially... What a load of ***.  I find it funny aswell we are / we're trying to shift his signings on. I really hope Woodys reign is a success. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die