oneBoro Forum

Any truth in the Savile rumour

Been reading stuff that Georgie Porgie  isn't happy, even that his old man was kicking off with the directors at yesterdays game. I figure his move hasn't worked out yet, was wondering how the new management saw him? Or how you lot saw him for that matter. 

Fishing, as I would have him back with us. 

I haven't heard any rumours that he's not happy, but there are rumblings that we've been trying to ship him out cut price all summer.

Think he's a decent player but he's never really done it for us and we've got something of a logjam at CM thanks to Tony.

28 minutes ago, London Wall said:

Been reading stuff that Georgie Porgie  isn't happy, even that his old man was kicking off with the directors at yesterdays game. I figure his move hasn't worked out yet, was wondering how the new management saw him? Or how you lot saw him for that matter. 

Fishing, as I would have him back with us. 

I suppose it might make sense his old man would be unhappy given our midfield was where things really went wrong in the second half. Whether he was actually the solution to that problem is another thing entirely.

It hasn't worked out, not really. Pulis declared him as a 'future captain of this football club' and he couldn't be much further down the line right now. Rumours both that Woodgate is very 'meh' about him and that the hierarchy tried to get shot of him for about £3m in the transfer window don't bode well for him.

It's a shame as I think he can score goals in this team and I'd like to think given the amount of work our midfield is going to get through, he can play an important part throughout the season. Remains to be seen whether Woodgate really values him, time will tell.

1 hour ago, ViewFromTheChickenrun said:

Decent player but we are overstocked with center mids   so could be let go …..only at the right price though ?

That's us out then, we never pay 'the right price', everything on the cheap, which can actually work in the championship.

• Haha 1