oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
London Wall

Any truth in the Savile rumour

Been reading stuff that Georgie Porgie  isn't happy, even that his old man was kicking off with the directors at yesterdays game. I figure his move hasn't worked out yet, was wondering how the new management saw him? Or how you lot saw him for that matter. 

Fishing, as I would have him back with us. 

I haven't heard any rumours that he's not happy, but there are rumblings that we've been trying to ship him out cut price all summer.

Think he's a decent player but he's never really done it for us and we've got something of a logjam at CM thanks to Tony.

28 minutes ago, London Wall said:

Been reading stuff that Georgie Porgie  isn't happy, even that his old man was kicking off with the directors at yesterdays game. I figure his move hasn't worked out yet, was wondering how the new management saw him? Or how you lot saw him for that matter. 

Fishing, as I would have him back with us. 

I suppose it might make sense his old man would be unhappy given our midfield was where things really went wrong in the second half. Whether he was actually the solution to that problem is another thing entirely.

It hasn't worked out, not really. Pulis declared him as a 'future captain of this football club' and he couldn't be much further down the line right now. Rumours both that Woodgate is very 'meh' about him and that the hierarchy tried to get shot of him for about £3m in the transfer window don't bode well for him.

It's a shame as I think he can score goals in this team and I'd like to think given the amount of work our midfield is going to get through, he can play an important part throughout the season. Remains to be seen whether Woodgate really values him, time will tell.

1 hour ago, ViewFromTheChickenrun said:

Decent player but we are overstocked with center mids   so could be let go …..only at the right price though 🙂

That's us out then, we never pay 'the right price', everything on the cheap, which can actually work in the championship.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I thought there were ‘flashes’ in the first half where we did pull off the odd quick passing move, mostly through McNair. However I’d agree about the confirmation bias, I spent most of that game as bored as I was last season, we didn’t really trouble their keeper and we went long just as often as we did under pulis.  Was there enough there showing evidence of ‘the new era’? Other than a more attack minded line up no I don’t think there was. The three points were vital and hopefully it will help them all mentally but let’s be honest, we were poor and Wigan were even worse.
    • I fully agree with CT on this, that performance tonight was absolutely turgid and nothing like what Woodgate has said he wants his teams to play like. I'm personally of the opinion that I don't really care about performance aslong as we win, but we were getting results under Pulis mostly and played much better than what I seen tonight for the most part. Confirmation Bias is definitely effecting peoples positivity on Pulis football vs Woodgate football. I have absolutely no doubt we would have had more points on the board so far and been through in the cup if TP was still in charge, but as has been said, Woodgate might just need time, but if anybody can sit and say what we produced tonight was better than 'Pulisball' they aren't being subjective at all and are purely basing it on a dislike for Pulis. FWIW I thought it was time for Pulis to go so this isn't me defending TP, but what we're seeing isnt much different to last year. 
    • Like I said in my other post, people hated Pulis for far more than that. I don't think all of it was actually justified, certainly not to begin with and certainly not all the time. Surely this situation proves that more than anything, where people can see a similar thing from a different manager and feel quite significantly different about it. There was that undertone to his tenure that existed far beyond what people saw at the Riverside and it bled into the atmosphere within the Stadium too, I imagine. I think at times some hated him more for the reputation of his football than they actually hated his football to begin with, despite claiming that it was entirely the latter and I find that quite bizarre.
    • People kicked off about my post not the other way around.  I was just confused about certain things as I often am on here 🙂
    • We were able to beat what was in front of us last season as well.  I suppose I am waiting to see more and I didn't see anything tonight even though we won.  Like I say, the performance is the performance whoever is in charge but maybe that's a flawed way of looking at it, I don't know.