oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

Got to get some minutes into some of these players.

GK - Pears - need to test him against a better quality team than he is used to

RB - Dijksteel - Get him used to playing at the riverside

CB - Wood - test him out again, see if he has kicked on

CB - Friend - if fit, will be a good player to lead Wood through a game

LB - Bola - need to give him a go and challenge Coulson for LB

CDM - Howson - back in CM now Dijksteel is here

CM - Tav- waited patiently needs his chance

CM - Saville - fresh legs 

LW - Coulson - I think he is better suited to a forward position than defence

RW - Browne - again, we need to see what he has got and make sure that Marvin is under pressure for his spot

CF - Gestede - if Britt is injured at any point we need to make sure Gestede is fully match fit and confident

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

I've just ordered my ticket for the game now to print at home but haven't received anything. Pretty sure it used to come through straight away to my e-mail in the past. I'll give it until a bit later on I guess, but I can't actually print anything yet as far as I can tell.

Also, further to what I asked in the other thread, seems they explicitly don't activate season cards for this match. It seems like they must be expecting a low turn-out as only West Stand is available. Or they're moving all season card holders into the West Stand. I've no idea, first time holder so any info appreciated!

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've just ordered my ticket for the game now to print at home but haven't received anything. Pretty sure it used to come through straight away to my e-mail in the past. I'll give it until a bit later on I guess, but I can't actually print anything yet as far as I can tell.

Also, further to what I asked in the other thread, seems they explicitly don't activate season cards for this match. It seems like they must be expecting a low turn-out as only West Stand is available. Or they're moving all season card holders into the West Stand. I've no idea, first time holder so any info appreciated!

If you haven't already, check your spam folder. My tickets for Brentford got sent there!

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Your season card gets activated when you're purchasing your actual seat for a cup match.  When it's West Stand only then it's because they are expecting a low turnout so don't want to open all parts of the ground as it costs them more.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Your season card gets activated when you're purchasing your actual seat for a cup match.  When it's West Stand only then it's because they are expecting a low turnout so don't want to open all parts of the ground as it costs them more.

I figured must be the case, same as the home friendly then. Yeah, remember when working as a steward it was a good starter match at Derby because all the fans were in one stand and it was easier to keep track of everything.

4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Exactly right. They haven't even filled the West Stand up so there's no point opening the entire stadium and pay more staff to work. They have certainly had the South Stand open for cup games last season but only one bar and it was always dead.

Would opt for a strong team. New players to get some game-time. A more balance line-up.  Coulson further forward. Assombalonga upfront to get his tally up. Rest Clayton. Give Pears a run-out (he made some good stops pre-season). Maybe even give Walker an opportunity (we might need him as the season unfolds). Tav needs some minutes. Ayala and/or Wood if Fry/Friend are still not ready. Shotton not allowed within 3 miles of any football pitch in the country.

Injuries permitting...

Pears

Dijk       Friend   Fry       Bola

McNair 

Tav       Wing 

Browne                Coulson

Assombalonga

11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

Got to get some minutes into some of these players.

GK - Pears - need to test him against a better quality team than he is used to

RB - Dijksteel - Get him used to playing at the riverside

CB - Wood - test him out again, see if he has kicked on

CB - Friend - if fit, will be a good player to lead Wood through a game

LB - Bola - need to give him a go and challenge Coulson for LB

CDM - Howson - back in CM now Dijksteel is here

CM - Tav- waited patiently needs his chance

CM - Saville - fresh legs 

LW - Coulson - I think he is better suited to a forward position than defence

RW - Browne - again, we need to see what he has got and make sure that Marvin is under pressure for his spot

CF - Gestede - if Britt is injured at any point we need to make sure Gestede is fully match fit and confident

Agree with all this except Gestede. I'd much rather give Fletcher a chance to establish himself as the main striker. Britt hasn't looked good in the last couple of games, and his goal against Luton only went in because the keeper momentarily turned into Mr Tickle.

Feel like we'll be average in the league this season but the cups could be where we find success, knock out a couple of prem clubs with the gegenpress perhaps?

• Like 1