oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Safety is paramount, of course. The club would be much more liable to abuse if they allowed things to go on and something bad happened. If they fear something will happen, then fair enough, they need to take action. I know the stewards and police will have their say on this.

But communication is dreadful though, if nothing else. They spend ages developing this relationship with these fans who do their utmost to create an amazing atmosphere at the stadium, put together displays and all sorts... and then being throw them under a bus at a moment's notice. It baffles the mind. Imagine the stadium without the Red Faction... Christ.

It just makes no sense to me as to why they originally agreed to let them be based in Block 69 and then changed their minds last minute. Surely they're not allowed to discriminate against people just because they have a season ticket in the South Stand either. I very much doubt they'd have caused any trouble. It's a shame because they seemed to have formed a decent relationship with the club.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

If, as some people seem to think, we will be trying to replace Britt in January before value starts to plummet, the sensible thing would be to try alternatives in Cup games, so would be surprised to see him tonight....if Friend and Fry fit enough, at least give 45 minutes otherwise probably fringe players and new signings.....

I understand the logic in trying howson in the holding role, but he is one of our older players and gets through a hell of a lot of work in a game so hed be the first I'd rest tonight. I dont want us to run him into the ground like we did with leadbitter  

Regarding to the Red Faction twist .. 

I read it as they are allowed to come in, but it is forbidden to stand up during the game .. And that Stewards will not tolerate standing up and not look the other way as in the south stand. 
This becomes clearer if you read all the comments on the above linked tweet.

The homegame v Swansea last season I was in the middle of the RF group and it was an amazing atmosphere... 

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Regarding to the Red Faction twist .. 

I read it as they are allowed to come in, but it is forbidden to stand up during the game .. And that Stewards will not tolerate standing up and not look the other way as in the south stand. 
This becomes clearer if you read all the comments on the above linked tweet.

The homegame v Swansea last season I was in the middle of the RF group and it was an amazing atmosphere... 

I don't think that's what the red faction are saying though is it? They're claiming they were flat out told they're not allowed in.

Just now, Brunners said:

I don't think that's what the red faction are saying though is it? They're claiming they were flat out told they're not allowed in.

Yeah, but as I read the comments .. Especially the one who copy pastes an email from the club .. That they are allowed in (69) but not has the same freedom as in the south stand. (No standing up) 

If the club discriminated and said that season card holders from the south stand were NOT allowed to buy tickets .. That would be kinda illegal I guess... Would the club really use that kind of fascism? 

SOmeone might have said .. They don't want us there (because of the stricter rules) .. and then the jungle drums made a feather into a chicken farm .. 

I cannot believe that some people are not allowed in the stadium because of their normal season card positioning.

This was the answer from the club to a fan who bought a 69 ticket:

Dear XXX
Many apologies, I am working through my emails and I have all the information that is required. You will be able to gain access in Block 69, however you must remain seated throughout the game during play. Enjoy the match.
Yvonne

The Gazette have released an article on the issue now.

As @SmogDane has said seems they are allowed in Block 69 for the game, but aren't allowed to do what they normally do: drums, flags and standing. Which I don't understand why that would be an issue, as stewards turn a blind eye to that normally so why would today be any different (stated in Gazette article)?

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fan-group-red-faction-blast-16745678

Quote: 

Boro offered a lower tier alternative area but that has been rejected by Red Faction who instead suggested moving higher up.

“We offered to move towards the back of the stand but were told the club would be unable to complete a health and safety assessment in time,” said the Red Faction statement.

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yeah, but as I read the comments .. Especially the one who copy pastes an email from the club .. That they are allowed in (69) but not has the same freedom as in the south stand. (No standing up) 

If the club discriminated and said that season card holders from the south stand were NOT allowed to buy tickets .. That would be kinda illegal I guess... Would the club really use that kind of fascism? 

SOmeone might have said .. They don't want us there (because of the stricter rules) .. and then the jungle drums made a feather into a chicken farm .. 

I cannot believe that some people are not allowed in the stadium because of their normal season card positioning.

I read the comments too and they are letting south stand season tickets holders in block 69 but under strict instructions not to stand.

Don’t think the club trusts red faction not to stand and are probably right so want them in a lower block.

The club should of know this would be a problem and sorted it out week ago.

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The Gazette have released an article on the issue now.

As @SmogDane has said seems they are allowed in Block 69 for the game, but aren't allowed to do what they normally do: drums, flags and standing. Which I don't understand why that would be an issue, as stewards turn a blind eye to that normally so why would today be any different (stated in Gazette article)?

There’s a higher risk because the west stand has tiers

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So essentially it is, yet again, a communication issue?

Sort off 

The club won't allow any standing and jumping in 69 cause of the tier...  The club have offered a lower section where safety is better .. But RF declined that and wanted to move further back instead... 

Then I GUESS that rumours and gossip and adding to the story made way for a tiny over reaction

This should be sorted weeks ago not few days/hours before the match though.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ABH said:

There’s a higher risk because the west stand has tiers

Just had a double check. For some weird reason I was thinking block 69 was their usual spot! Can see why they are being restricted now as Block 69 is in the West Stand. 

Still think a lack of communication is to blame for this issue. The club would have know weeks ago that they wanted to only open the West Stand. This coupled with the ticket debacle on Saturday is really not doing any favours with the already strained relationship between fans and the club.

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just had a double check. For some weird reason I was thinking block 69 was their usual spot! Can see why they are being restricted now as Block 69 is in the West Stand. 

Still think a lack of communication is to blame for this issue. The club would have know weeks ago that they wanted to only open the West Stand. This coupled with the ticket debacle on Saturday is really not doing any favours with the already strained relationship between fans and the club.

It comes down to poor planning from the club. I would of thought this would have been highlighted for the friendly game too.