oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

If it's true that a representative of that group was asked to go through a list of people pointing out the South Stand ticket holders and that they have withheld sending out the tickets to South Stand ticket holders then that's really poor.  The club can claim anything after the fact but those two things alone are completely out of order.  Saying now that they are allowed in the block is fine but if you haven't sent the tickets out then how does that work exactly?  And if there were no issues then why did they ask the Red Faction guy to point out all of their people on that list at the supporters meeting?  It feels more like they've been caught out doing something, and now are backtracking, than simple poor communication.

Isn't Yvonne the person who wrote that letter asking people to keep the noise down at matches a while back? ?  The Red Faction don't help themselves at times but the club need to stop being nobheads. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

I'm actually confused as to what is going on now with all the conflicted reports. Are they just boycotting the match tonight because of it?

I don't know.  I just read that twitter thing that was linked here.  If you read the comments underneath it seems like the RF representative at the fans meeting yesterday evening was asked to go through a list pointing out all of their members for some reason and that they haven't sent their tickets out.  Would you bother going if you were getting this kind of grief?  Actually, after last weekend, would you bother going if you had to go and collect your tickets beforehand? ? You'd have to get down to the ground now just to make sure you can get into the game before kick off ? 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't know.  I just read that twitter thing that was linked here.  If you read the comments underneath it seems like the RF representative at the fans meeting yesterday evening was asked to go through a list pointing out all of their members for some reason and that they haven't sent their tickets out.  Would you bother going if you were getting this kind of grief?  Actually, after last weekend, would you bother going if you had to go and collect your tickets beforehand? ? You'd have to get down to the ground now just to make sure you can get into the game before kick off ? 

Haha, very true ? I was supposed to be going tonight but I don't fancy collecting the tickets as you said (as well as being ill and the atmosphere likely being dead) ?‍♀️ I was at the ground on Saturday and the queue was still snaking round the stadium at 25 past 3 and some of the tills weren't working either. It's an absolute shambles.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Any idea if fry is close enough or are we probably looking at a friend - wood combo tonight?

Fry told me and my grandson that he will not be ready for another 10 days so would not expect to see him until after the Blackburn game

• Like 3

My team would be;

.......................Pears

Dijksteel....Wood....Friend....Bola

........................McNair

................Tav...................Sav

Browne..................................Coulson

........................Fletcher

Gives the players who have been out of the first 11 a chance to show what they can do and importantly gives them minutes on the pitch. Also allows all the new signing to start from the off.

McNair in the holding role, just as an experiment as I would like to see if he could do that holding type role. Tav in midfield for a similar reason, Woodgate has said he sees him as a box-to-box type midfielder so it would be good to see how he gets on in that role. And Coulson on the left wing again just to see what he can do further up the pitch. I still think Coulson is a left-back, but he is a bit lightweight at the moment.

Also think Fletcher is a confidence player, so if we can get him staying in the goals think that will carry into his upcoming league performances. He was extremely unlucky to not be 2 in 2 so far.

P.s. watch the formatting of this post (the 11and their positions) go out the window as soon as I press submit.

Possibly famous last words.... but can Friend really be worse than Shotton at CB? Or Wood for that matter?

Looking forward to seeing Bola and Dijksteel in action - a settled back four will do us the world of good, sooner it comes together the better. 

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

On the radio after the game, I think that Woodgate seemed to suggest he wouldn't make that many changes.

He definitely said all the new players would start because he needs to get a look at them, so think we can expect those 3 changes as a minimum.