oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AllSignsPointToPromotion said:

McNair and Britt for Clayton and Walker, not sure how either of Saville and Tav stay on.. oh well

Sadly only allowed 3 subs and we need to save one at least in case the goalie has a mare!

This is exactly why I didn't want Woodgate to ring the changes. A few changes yes - gearing towards something that resembles the team we'll see more of this season, with one or two fringe players getting a run-out. That way a few of the new players can 'play their way into the team' for the weekend, garner a little bit of confidence (even a win vs a league 2 team will do that) and maybe a little momentum to kick start our season.

Now we're on the brink of a very demoralising defeat at home vs a team 2 divisions below us with no win in our opening 3 competitive fixtures. And sauntering into the "unlucky start" excuse-machine that is the Boro.

Really felt this could be a big game for us and shape the campaign somewhat - good or bad. We need changes asap and a big turnaround in this one, otherwise we could be in for an early season rut that could disperse all the early optimism.

• Like 2