oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

Gestede booed off the pitch by his own fans, hooked Walker at HT on debut, Britt missed another penalty and back to back defeats at fortress Riverside... Not a great night for us it needs to improve, if everyone matched McNair and Fletcher's performance levels we'd be a serious team.

Crucial thing now under this early pressure on Woodgate DO NOT APOLOGIZE. You apologize you throw everything and everyone under the bus you simply take the positive performances work on the rest you're not a fan, we aren't a non league club don't apologize if he does I'll tear my hair out he needs to stick a steady course his emotions will get us nowhere my main fear is we go on an apology tour everytime we lose he needs to sort his system out and prep the team for Blackburn not tearing up that he's not won a game yet.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

--------------Randolph

Dijk      Ayala       Fry       Bola

Paddy   Clayton  Wing

Johnson     Fletcher     Coulson

Give that a whirl next game I say if Fry's back (hope to god) 

Harsh to drop Howson entirely. But the rest of the team I'd be happy to see.

Saville was dreadful, Tav wasn't much better, everything was slow and unimaginative. It took McNair to come on to really grab it by the scruff of the neck and push us on. That and some composed work by Fletcher are the only reason we ended up in a shootout

Wonder how Woody feels having said Britt will score and then he missed again. Some dreadful decision making by him again, shooting from about 35 yards when a shot wasn't on and choosing not to play a ball to Saville later on when he was by far the best option only to sky it instead.

It’s a cup game. Let’s not read too much into it. Not the first team.

There has been a change in our style this year in the two league games. Most shots on target in league. We are broke. Let’s give woody 3 years and go from there.

Anyone want to try and dress that up? Easily ranks amongst some of the worst football I've seen and I was at that fabled Barnsley 3 Boro 2 game. 

People seem to think so long as it's not Pulis football, anything is acceptable. If Pulis was in charge for these last 3 games, then he'd have been given pelters from our fans. But 1 good 45 minutes against Brentford and it's ok. 

Theyre League 2, and they controlled the game and we barely troubled them. How long do we leave it before we start to worry? 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Anyone want to try and dress that up? Easily ranks amongst some of the worst football I've seen and I was at that fabled Barnsley 3 Boro 2 game. 

People seem to think so long as it's not Pulis football, anything is acceptable. If Pulis was in charge for these last 3 games, then he'd have been given pelters from our fans. But 1 good 45 minutes against Brentford and it's ok. 

Theyre League 2, and they controlled the game and we barely troubled them. How long do we leave it before we start to worry? 

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

--------------Randolph

Dijk      Ayala       Fry       Bola

Paddy   Clayton  Wing

Johnson     Fletcher     Coulson

Give that a whirl next game I say if Fry's back (hope to god) 

I'd be inclined to keep Howson in the team, which would probably mean dropping Clayton.   

Britt's penalties sum him up, too laid back and not focussed. 

One of the most frustrating players I've seen in a Boro shirt. Ok even the best players miss penalties but 3 misses in a row and all over the bar is shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

A lot longer than this mate. It's an entirely new philosophy and way of playing, that is going to take some time to bed down. 10 changes tonight wouldn't have made it easy either, including a bunch of debuts - most of those players won't have played with each other in a competitive setting before. 

I'd give it 10-15 games easily before we really start to judge, that's when things should have settled and we should really be on top of the new style. We are doing stuff right at times, it's just a case of getting consistent performances out of some players.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Chill out, we were almost fielding a reserve team.

Just now, Downsouth said:

Good grief you are posting again really good to see you Alan

Yeah I kinda forgot my password and just gave up trying to get it back for a long time ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

It’s a cup game. Let’s not read too much into it. Not the first team.

There has been a change in our style this year in the two league games. Most shots on target in league. We are broke. Let’s give woody 3 years and go from there.

I'd be with that thinking if we sold Randolph, Britt and even Fry but they wont be around in 3 years so the expectations behind the scenes clearly are high for this season otherwise why keep those high priced assets in a thin squad?

It's the 1 message I can't get behind that this long term project deserves the patience of years as the club celebrate holding on to a 15 Million pound striker, a 10 million pound GK and a 20 million pound centre half if this learn on the job 3 year plan is the 'project' why on earth keep them? On the off chance Woodgates Guardiola and he storms the league? Financial mismanagement if that's the case.