oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala   Friend   Coulson

Wing     Howson   McNair

Johnson    Fletcher     Browne

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Dijksteel should be bedded in as quickly as possible imo 

And Bola starting because I want to see Fletcher start up front and we don't really have anyone else other than Coulson to play on the left. Browne played tonight and Idk how he played. but someone said Bola grew into the game after 80 minutes and looked good so interesting to see how Bola Coulson on the left would work 

Browne had a very good first half, he's ready in my book, Bola still looks like he needs confidence - that goal will hopefully give him it - he struck it well

Edited by Randy Sandwich
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Dijksteel should be bedded in as quickly as possible imo 

And Bola starting because I want to see Fletcher start up front and we don't really have anyone else other than Coulson to play on the left. Browne played tonight and Idk how he played. but someone said Bola grew into the game after 80 minutes and looked good so interesting to see how Bola Coulson on the left would work 

Yeah, I realised that was probably your thinking putting Fletcher upfront, then Coulson out left. In that case I’d probably agree, although maybe Browne could start out there.

Browne tried hard enough but didn’t really find any space or chances where he could get at defenders. He was really narrow, which I presume was his instruction. It didn’t work at all, especially first half, as we had zero width. It would have worked better if the full backs were getting forward..but they didn’t for some reason. 

I don’t think he should be dropped for next game. He has a lovely touch, and has that raw pace that we desperately need.

• Like 1

Next game i’d like to see a front three of

Coulson, fletcher, Marvin Johnson

Then a midfield of

Wing, howson, McNair 

Then a defence of  

Bola, friend, Ayala, Dijksteel  

Randolph

Woodgate's got to bite the bullet and just tell Britt tonight was the last penalty he takes in a Boro shirt, I'd have more confidence in the *** keeper, disgraceful when your main striker can't even hit the target absolute garbage.

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

We see it differently that's fair enough Randy

I think a penalty is a type of 1 on 1 situation but it is different to a 1 on 1 in open play. The striker has fewer options with a penalty because he can't dribble. 

12 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

He's played RB for us so much recently I forgot all about him

Ideally I'd like him to do Clayton's job but with more energy but is he disciplined enough to play the defensive role? Would be a good midfield 3 Paddy Howson and Wing like 

That's a midfield 3 I want us to try. Might not be one that works but would like to see how it would go.

• Like 1

Bola only looked good in the last 15 minutes because we were camped in their half so he had zero defending to do, he finished his goal well but by and large he was awful. 

Dijksteel was better but he still looked very apprehensive and nervous. 

I'd be gobsmacked if when everyone is fit our defence isnt Dijksteel-Ayala-Fry-Friend. 

From seeing both Bola and Coulson so far, Bola is 3rd choice LB for me, by some distance. He looked like a competition winner who got to play with the pro's in that first half. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I think a penalty is a type of 1 on 1 situation but it is different to a 1 on 1 in open play. The striker has fewer options with a penalty because he can't dribble. 

Either way, Britt is s*** at both.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I'm not sure how you can tell all that from a couple of live games like. 

The game changed when him and Fletcher were on, Britt played well, good movement and control. Fletcher made a big difference, he's really coming on. 

Couple of live games? I reckon I've watched Assombalonga play close to 100 times...

So my match report, 

Stand outs=

1st half = Browne, and Freind just for the Cruyff turn. 

Half time = Dean Gordon's ex saying hello and Milf with wind smiling at me. 

2nd half = Fletcher and Mcnair - really impressed with both. 

Pens - Mcnairs was spot on. 

Special shout out to bloke picking his nose and eating it, Boro not having ball boys (spent ages watching a fat steward going for the ball in the East stand when we were trying to get back in game) and the Max Verstappen look alike behind the bar. 

Luckily I am so scarred from Pulis I still enjoyed tonight, still feel positive but know there's a lot of work to do - but cheer up everyone, it was only a couple of months ago we were watching "hoofball"   - I'm still getting treatment. 

• Like 3

Absolutely appalling performance.

Saville and Tavernier were ***, Dijksteel and Bola were poor, Gestede may as well not have played.

Fletcher and McNair looked very good when they came on, but as a whole it was embarassing to see us outplayed and knocked out by a lower league side yet again.