oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

Half time booing when you're 2-0 down to a team a couple of divisions below you is to be expected.  The sub going off again is to be expected when he plays as poorly as he did with as little effort.  I think Brentford was more about the officials though than anything else.  Last nights booing was quite specific.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can't go around and ask every person there but I'd say that at the very least the vast majority of the booing was for the officials based on the abuse I could hear them getting at the same time from various people within earshot of me.  The players got some applause.  The same thing happened at the Blackburn home game last season when there was loads of booing that was clearly aimed at the officials as they walked off and we still had people complaining that the players were being booed.

Lets hope the kids we had on think that too - imagine making your boro debut as a kid and you get booed by a bunch of arseholes - the same arseholes who will be singing "Stevie Gibson is king" some time soon too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Lets hope the kids we had on think that too - imagine making your boro debut as a kid and you get booed by a bunch of arseholes - the same arseholes who will be singing "Stevie Gibson is king" some time soon too.

They probably won't be singing that though to be fair.  We had a few kids on the park, the side wasn't full of them and the performance was poor enough to warrant it getting some stick.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to separate the players with something like that.  I'm sure that the likes of Wood and Walker weren't the ones being booed, rather it was aimed at the senior pros who weren't playing particularly well or in some cases putting much effort in.

Just now, Changing Times said:

They probably won't be singing that though to be fair.  We had a few kids on the park, the side wasn't full of them and the performance was poor enough to warrant it getting some stick.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to separate the players with something like that.  I'm sure that the likes of Wood and Walker weren't the ones being booed, rather it was aimed at the senior pros who weren't playing particularly well or in some cases putting much effort in.

I bet you a slap in the belly with a wet fish they will be.

I know who was getting booed and you do, my question is did the kids? and if they took it that way imagine how they feel now.

Sorry. I just detest booing - all these great fans we are supposed to have, the position we are in and the fact they knew it was a scratch side, one that has never played together and they boo - well done. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Normal people who have been fans for a while and know how things tend to work?

Oh sorry, i thought it was spoilt arseholes who have only been been going for a  while and haven't a clue whats going on - mad how people see things differently eh?

1 minute ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I bet you a slap in the belly with a wet fish they will be.

I know who was getting booed and you do, my question is did the kids? and if they took it that way imagine how they feel now.

Sorry. I just detest booing - all these great fans we are supposed to have, the position we are in and the fact they knew it was a scratch side, one that has never played together and they boo - well done. 

I don't boo either as it's infantile but getting some after that first half is to be expected as it also was for Gestede.  There were only a couple of kids out there, the rest of the team was our new signings and first team players.  I'm sure they have seen enough football to know how it works and I'm not sure why they'd believe they themselves were being targeted? 

I don't think they will be singing that about Gibson.  I think the tide is most definitely turning as regards how people feel about him.  There certainly weren't any songs for him near where I was sitting on Saturday.

I don't boo either as it's infantile but getting some after that first half is to be expected as it also was for Gestede.  There were only a couple of kids out there, the rest of the team was our new signings and first team players.  I'm sure they have seen enough football to know how it works and I'm not sure why they'd believe they themselves were being targeted? 

I don't think they will be singing that about Gibson.  I think the tide is most definitely turning as regards how people feel about him.  There certainly weren't any songs for him near where I was sitting on Saturday.

Mate I'd sooner have shot Gestede so I'm with you all the way there. The fact that bola was in front of the stand and looked terrified made me wonder if a bit of encouragement may have been more productive?

Wait till we win a game for the singing Gibsons name and we'll see.

did you mean the players when you said they know enough about football? I thought you meant the fans

2 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Oh sorry, i thought it was spoilt arseholes who have only been been going for a  while and haven't a clue whats going on - mad how people see things differently eh?

Because booing at games is a recent thing?

I'm pretty sure that there was booing at Boro games long before any period of time where Boro fans could be called 'spoilt'.  I like the idea of Boro fans being spoilt though, it's all the success we've had you see, it's gone to our heads ? You may even find that other fans boo their own teams sometimes when they play poorly as well.  Spoilt Boro fans, I love it ?

Just watched highlights. That first goal for Crewe was comically lucky?

As a captain I think Friend should have done a bit more after they scored. I clapped his hands twice otherwise he just walked up the pitch without saying a single word to the team that he was captaining. It's at that point he needs to pick the team up especially a team with a few youngsters in it.

10 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Mate I'd sooner have shot Gestede so I'm with you all the way there. The fact that bola was in front of the stand and looked terrified made me wonder if a bit of encouragement may have been more productive?

Wait till we win a game for the singing Gibsons name and we'll see.

did you mean the players when you said they know enough about football? I thought you meant the fans

I think that Bola looked poor long before the booing started so you can't really blame that.  I'd be wondering why the fella looked short of confidence after what I was told was a good season last season, a nice move for him and a relatively low key first game to make your debut in.  He shouldn't be low on confidence so maybe he's just not that good?  I don't think any of the new signings looked all that although Browne had some ok moments.  If they were really our top targets then they are all going to need to improve significantly on what we've seen so far.

If we win a game we'll be singing everyone's name.  I didn't hear any chants for Gibson before or during the Brentford game though and I thought that was quite interesting.  First game of the season and all that.  I don't think that Gibson is held in the same regard at all anymore.

I meant that the players will have seen enough football to know how it works, even the younger lads.

Because booing at games is a recent thing?

I'm pretty sure that there was booing at Boro games long before any period of time where Boro fans could be called 'spoilt'.  I like the idea of Boro fans being spoilt though, it's all the success we've had you see, it's gone to our heads ? You may even find that other fans boo their own teams sometimes when they play poorly as well.  Spoilt Boro fans, I love it ?

OK I'll drag it out, I look at the fans who grew up with the Juninhio, Ravanelli, Merson era as spoilt, they base their expectations on that foundation. So they've spent nearly every season since then demanding, booing and whining in my opinion - and thats what it is - my opinion, did I miss the bit where I'm allowed an opinion and to like or dislike what I want to?

Seeing as my formative days were  from the Jack Charlton days to the league three matches at Darlington and the like I think they got spoilt a bit.

I know other fans boo their teams but thats because arseholes aren't exclusive to Middlesbrough but it doesn't make it ok.

You said you don't boo yourself so whats your problem with me not liking booing?  

I've never been booed but I once got abuse on the pitch and its not nice at all, you don't need some one else to tell you you're having a stinker - not if you "know how the game goes"

3 hours ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Should it have come down to that? He was sub, the 11 on the pitch put us in that position - he was part of the reason we got back to 2-2, he then, after missing his last penalty for us last game, stood up and went first and believe me - I bet there weren't many volunteers to do so - you're talking as if he wanted to miss or didn't care, it's the start of the season, he's just had an 18 month nightmare and also missed some pre season. 

The criticism on here is ridiculous - we are clearly in trouble thanks largely to Gibson and Pulis.  We are obviously short and a couple of the young uns looked a bit like rabbits in headlights but to whine on and on about Britt is getting pretty tedious. 

I'd rather whine about Gibson ?

I'm not blaming Britt for the defeat or the current predicament the club is in! 

I think it's a reasonable discussion to have when our 15m pound striker can't hit the target with 3 penalties in a row.

I don't believe he meant to miss on purpose but you've got to ask yourself has he been practicing penalties, especially seen as though the manager designated him as our penalty taker. 

I do question his decision making under pressure when he's going for the top corner again after missing his last 2 over the bar. 

I'm not gonna say anymore about it anyway because like you say theres far bigger problems than Britt at the club. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think that Bola looked poor long before the booing started so you can't really blame that.  I'd be wondering why the fella looked short of confidence after what I was told was a good season last season, a nice move for him and a relatively low key first game to make your debut in.  He shouldn't be low on confidence so maybe he's just not that good?  I don't think any of the new signings looked all that although Browne had some ok moments.  If they were really our top targets then they are all going to need to improve significantly on what we've seen so far.

If we win a game we'll be singing everyone's name.  I didn't hear any chants for Gibson before or during the Brentford game though and I thought that was quite interesting.  First game of the season and all that.  I don't think that Gibson is held in the same regard at all anymore.

I meant that the players will have seen enough football to know how it works, even the younger lads.

Bola had a bad first half, I said when he was in front of the stand - which was the second half, like I say, young lad, new signing, first start - maybe they could have tried encouraging him ?